New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pop Quiz #3  (Read 9360 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Pop Quiz #3
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »

Pop Quiz #3

1. In your (free downloadable) Bally EM Manual, part #7 on page #86 breaks, and what it holds falls out.  What is that name of what it holds?

2. Will the machine still play?

3. Will the machine pay?

4. It is a 5 coin machine, and you have played one coin.  How many coins will it take?

Bonus question...How do you get the odds to reset, without opening the door? (This is a hard one)
(Note, you can remove part #8 and verify all of the above)
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline JanGbg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Pop Quiz #3
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
Hi!
Is it the manual with 131 pages?

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »
1) That's the armature for the coil  of the handle lockout.
2) No you will not be able to pull the handle as it needs to be energized to release the lockout.
3) Yes, but only for the last spin as you will not be able to release the lockout.
4) Five coins... You said it was a five coin machine. It doesn't matter what the last play was.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 09:54:28 PM »
@JanGbg, yes that is the one, all 131 pages of wonderfullness...
@Neonkiss, hey Neon hugs to you.
Yes, that is the armature for the handle coil, however what it does is hold UP the armature latch assembly (part 9, Page 86)  and prevents free handle. If the armature were missing (spring gone which holds it in place) then the armature would fall out, and not be able to hold the armature latch up, which means it would be falling in place of the release pawl, and we know that the release pawl is what allows handle pull as well as keeping it from being pulled.  So, therefor we would have a free handle pull, always, and all of the handle switches would be in reverse position, or non-schematic position.
Now, of the handle switches we are concerned with, one of them is a NC switch which goes to power 50V through the reels for pays.  If that switch is open, we get no pays no how no way.  So pays are history.
The other important handle release switch is a SPDT, or two way switch...one side of it goes to the coin relay coil (which gives us downstroke, and handle release, and coin accept light etc.), and also ties in to the odds reset relay and coil.  So, the odds can not reset.  And the other side of this SPDT switch  goes to the odds step up coil. So the machine is stuck always stepping up odds.

Now this can turn into a very interesting discussion, so I will stop now, and let us all think on this a bit, and if anyone has a machine handy, please remove the armature, and report what you find back to us.
I don't have one handy, and I can't remember the symptoms of this, so I predict that...
1. It will take an infinite number of coins.
2. Once the machine sees 5 coins played, the odds will stay at 5 coins.
3. The odds will never reset.
4. Still won't pay.
5. After you pull the handle 1 time, the coin accept light will never come on.
6. After you play max odds one time, the insert coin light will never come on.
7. It's very possible I am wrong on some things here, so it might be I'm just shooting off my mouth, too.  Ha.  I was afraid no one would be interested in these quizzes, but it appears some are, so thanks for responding.

Anyway kids, this can provide for excellent discussions on the above reasonings, and the schematic for this can be found on page 20 of your Bally manual.

Offline MilJenBal

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MilJenBal New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:37:05 PM »
For your question #1 - "in your Free Downloadable Bally EM Manual" - after trying to download the manual, finding out that you need to be a member to do so, then joining this site only to find out that you have to (as far as I have been able to determine) contribute $10 a month or $110 /year in order to get the free manual.... so I can not answer the question - yet. Is there another way to do so ? :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 07:52:08 AM »
http://www.idealposter.com/
try this website is where I found it for free

Offline MilJenBal

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 08:04:42 AM »
@ovenguy10  - Thank you so much, just what I was looking for.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 09:51:14 AM »
that's no problem man that's what we're here for to help each other out and you might post pictures of your machine so we can all enjoy it

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »
Dear MilJenBal,
This is a free website, and most if not all of the moderators do this for free.  It is not a scam or way for the sysops to take your money, instead this is (imho) the best and largest online source for fixing your machine's problems.
That said, please I hope that you will post the link for the downloadable 'free' manual that you said you have to be a paying member to get.  If that is indeed the case, then I would like to get that taken care of, again, as I said, this is a free manual, and if a link shows that you must pay $110 a year, then that is wrong and should be removed.
Has anyone else run across this problem???
I think it is very important to make sure that folks can get that manual downloaded, as it is the bible of the bally EM.  I am not good at webpages, and don't know what I am doing with them, so I hope that someone here in our group will help with this.
Thank you
oldreno

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 11:57:53 AM »
Hey kids,
I am currently trying to download the manual, however my internect connection is very poor and it's going to take me awhile to see if it is the right one.  I found it by looking under the  How To Guides, a post titled -- Here is your Bally manual. http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=48.0

On that page you will see the following link...

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1535

It should take you to a page that show the manual is a 32.88 meg file, and I believe that is the one you want.
Again, I am working with bad internet connection, and my file download just timed out with a 'network error' so I will try it once again.
Please, is anyone else able to download this file, and is it the right one???
It should be one with a lot of pages with exploded diagrams of all the parts, and parts lists and names for all those parts.  And the front of the manual contains much good info and some schematics.
Thanks in advance, and yes it is free, or is supposed to be.
If anyone knows how to make this easier, it would be of great help to us all.
oldreno

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 12:03:53 PM »
Old reno I must agree with you about this web site
BUT I was unable to download it befor I became a contributing member
But I am just a dumd old redneck
That is why I gev him that site

Offline MilJenBal

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 08:50:13 PM »
@Oldreno  - The issue seems to be that unless your status is a 'Contributing' member or above, which as far as I can see, means that you sign up for the $10 per month/ $110 per year contribution, you cannot gain access to the Downloads section of this site. So when I try to go to the link you provide to get the manual, which is in the Downloads section, I get "An Error Has Occurred! You are not allowed to view the Downloads"
So that is my problem, no access to downloads as a 2 Cherry status member.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 09:01:10 PM »
Hey kids,
I am currently trying to download the manual, however my internect connection is very poor and it's going to take me awhile to see if it is the right one.  I found it by looking under the  How To Guides, a post titled -- Here is your Bally manual. http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=48.0

On that page you will see the following link...

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1535

It should take you to a page that show the manual is a 32.88 meg file, and I believe that is the one you want.
Again, I am working with bad internet connection, and my file download just timed out with a 'network error' so I will try it once again.
Please, is anyone else able to download this file, and is it the right one???
It should be one with a lot of pages with exploded diagrams of all the parts, and parts lists and names for all those parts.  And the front of the manual contains much good info and some schematics.
Thanks in advance, and yes it is free, or is supposed to be.
If anyone knows how to make this easier, it would be of great help to us all.
oldreno

I just downloaded it, used that link you posted and it worked fine. It took a few minutes (less than 4 minutes), I don't have the fastest internet connection. It is the 32.88mb file size you mentioned, the first page and the introduction page are shown below. It has 131 pages, there are a lot of parts drawings in it.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »
Well it seems I was talking out of my ass again, which is not that unusual.  Thank you ovenguy10 for the other link, and I recommend that you download the Manual, not the trouble shooting guide, as the manual is the Bally bible, while the TS guide may be helpful, it is not complete, if I recall.
Sorry about that, my apologies.
But anyway, get the manual, whatever source you can get if from....
Thanks all.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal