**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games

IGT PE+ Coin-in timeout

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Willie2266:

Hi, I have an IGT PE+ and on the screen it says "CALL ATTENDANT  coin-in timeout".  How do I reset the machine to get rid of this error message?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.     

Badbaud:

Opening then closing the door is how to reset a PE+.

If you still have a error open the door and push the small white test button to get the input test option and look at the coin in A-B-C optics.

They should all read the same. You could then pop the coin comparator out of it's bracket and take a strip of opaque paper and slowly slide it down and through the coin in optics and see if each one changes.

If they don't all read the same you could have a bad optic or the connector that goes around the door hinge and connects the door wiring to the MPU box could have a bad wire to pin connection.

The first 6 or 8 wires on the top of the larger connector are the coin optics information, watch the input test as you push and tug on each wire to see if it is a bad connection.

knagl:

To expand on what Badbaud said, all three coin optics should read "1" when idle, and "0" when something blocks their path.  If all three are reading 0, check the wiring between the coin-in optics and the motherboard.

Normal, idle state of a PE+:

Willie2266:

Thank you very much for this helpful information! 

My 3 coin optics read 0 when idle.  My MPU box is just above my monitor and the door connector is all the way in the back so I couldn't tug and push on the wires with the monitor in.  I took the monitor out and unplugged the connector and everything appears fine.

So it appears my coin-in optics are bad, where can I buy a replacement?  Do I just place a WTB in the classified ads?

Thanks again for your help.       

Badbaud:

It could be as simple as un-pluggung and plugging in the connector on the optic board.

After 20 years or so those contacts get corroded.

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version