New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Anyone heard of a STATUS brand Video Poker slot? CAN'T get it to do much!  (Read 37228 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I bought this today. All that comes on is the fan and there's a CLICK near the coin acceptor.  Nothing else... no video, screen is dead. Fuses are good...checked continuity and cleaned sockets. Checked all the connections/plugs. There is no battery on the MPU that I can see.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
From CVslots:

Inside pics please...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:10:32 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
The power supply is behind the hopper. I removed it and didn't see anything obviously wrong, which doesn't really mean much. Checked all molex plugs, etc... There IS power going to the florescent light in the door - bulb is out. The CRT doesn't light up at the plug. I'm not an expert at CRT's so I don't really know what to look for there. I think I need to test the power out of the power supply but I have no idea what voltages are supposed to be coming out of where!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
more...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
From jay:

Might not be the lamp in the door. Could be the starter. They usually are the first to go.
Look for a round can, push down turn left. Can get replacements at Home depot in a package of 2 for <$5

Any fuses ? check those for continuity with a multi meter.

Is there static on the CRT.
ON a TV that is ON but no picture if you run your finger around the edges you can feel the static.

I noticed there is a big plunger switch. Sometimes these cut power when a door is opened. This is a safety.
The ones on video games are designed to be pulled out when the door is open so the service tech can have power when doing diags.
Check this out. The switch may be faulty.... (with the power off) use a multimeter to check the switch function.

Generally on the motherboard there is a 3.5v cell soldered on. Possibly the big blue thing on the front of the board.
You can check for any voltage on that...... (with the machine off).
I am not sure if this would stop you from booting - my PE+ gives me a visual message that says battery low.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:11:11 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
From proten:

The battery is the black box on the MPU marked something "Sentry".
Look it over for the voltage or Google the part # to see if a replacement is available.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:11:37 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Thanks Jay and Proten!
No static on the screen. I thought the blue can was a capacitor. Soon as I get home I'll check the "sentry" ... thought that was a filter! I'm not sure where the plunger is Jay? There's three small push button switches on the right but they are clear of the door. I think those might be for set up procedures.
Hmmmm...just looked at my own picture again noticed that "data sentry" looks like it's corroded from the inside.

Ok I just de-soldered out a Data Sentry DS-2GT 2.4v nicad battery which is DEAD. Found one on ebay but I'm wondering if anyone knows a comparable replacement? I may pry the cap off and see what's inside... I have this feeling there's going to be two 1.2 volt nicads in series! Let's see if I'm correct... I'll be back.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Well looky here! I carefully popped off the cap to find what I suspected! Two (dead) 1.2v nicads in series, using just two prongs of the four. I think I can fabricate a replacement easily.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
I'm just replying to myself in case this comes up for someone else. Highly unlikely but you never know!
Here's my solution: These cells don't fit like the old ones,  but I think I can solder them side by side and fit them back on the base.
Final pics coming...but I have to go to work!

I made a nice battery pack for the MPU. Powered it up. There is static on the screen but it's dark. No sounds...just the same click near the CC on the door. Heat is coming from the heat sinks on the MPU so power is getting there as well. I think it's beyond my capabilities...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
From proten:

Congrats on the good start!!!!

There are three buttons on the right side of the machine.
Try holding them down when turning on the lot.
Start by holding the top one, then the 2nd and so forth.
And it could be a combo of any three buttons.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:12:04 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Nothing...tried all combinations.
There's no static on the screen anymore either. It's a little dry here - maybe it was just "regular" static!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
From proten:

Well then the next thing I'd try is to check your power.
Start at the plug and use a DVOM to follow the power.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:12:35 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
I hate AC !  hissy fit
Well it's getting power to the door, and the MPU. There are two output plugs on the power supply but I have no idea what voltages should be where...

UPDATE: Okay I pulled out the CRT again, looked for anything obvious...nothing.
Checked the plug to the CRT with my meter: it IS getting 110VAC but not lighting up...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Anyone??
Can't seem to get any replies anymore. If anyone want's this machine, it's going back on Craigslist I guess. I'm rapidly losing interest since it seems to be a CRT problem...I think.
I'm just going to go on a five mile jog now.  banghead

SEVEN DAYS since any reply! Did everyone go on vacation???  hissy fit
Well if anyone's ALIVE out there...
there now IS static on the CRT but still no picture. I know power is getting to everything else but there is no sound or anything indication a boot up sequence. I replaced the dead battery on the MPU but I don't know if that would have made any difference in the CRT turning on. It should come on regardless, I think.
 Help

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
From SolidSilver:

Yes, sir, there is at least one living person watching your posts, and feeling the frustration.
I haven't chimed in before because I have nothing helpful to offer. Have done some on-line
searching for the manufacturer or former employees thereof, but no luck yet.
And I'd buy the darn thing from you just for fun, but I just moved from N. San Diego county
to Portland.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:13:06 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Quote from: SolidSilver on November 10, 2013, 03:43:52 PMYes, sir, there is at least one living person watching your posts, and feeling the frustration.
I haven't chimed in before because I have nothing helpful to offer. Have done some on-line
searching for the manufacturer or former employees thereof, but no luck yet.
And I'd buy the darn thing from you just for fun, but I just moved from N. San Diego county
to Portland.

Well good to know someone is reading!! The only thing I have found is that there is a completely different company at their address!
I said this on another thread... I think some of these machines are definitely becoming a dying breed and those who used to work on them, or know them are either gone or have no interest anymore. It's very frustrating...this machine still appears to be in great condition but all it does is make a nice humming sound from the fan!
Maybe I can use it as a white noise generator???  bust gut laughing

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
From SolidSilver:

On obsolete equipment, I often find it useful to track down former officers or employees of the defunct company. As a retired engineer myself, I've got a garage full of parts from every
product I ever worked on; and love chatting with people about the old products.
So, here's what I found doing corporate searches:
1. Company founded in 1981. Co-founder & COO was Larry Dunn. He is now Sr VP & CFO for Kaman Music Corp. Bloomfield Ct. 860 509 8888. He may be able to get you in contact with a technical person.
2. They produced a whole line of arcade games up through the 1990's; many based on proprietary technology using laser disks to provide multiple game choices, and apparently video choices within a game. They licensed some of their games to other makers; I have the name of one coming to me: they might be able to provide info for you.
3.Status was a Delaware corporation, always based in New Jersey or Ct (I found 7 different addresses!), the Las Vegas address was a common ploy to permit legal "manufacture" of gaming equipment. The SEC revoked their stock-trading registration in 1993 after they ceased reporting. Most recent address was 336 Stamm Rd, Newington, CT 06111; 203 666 1960, now disco. Local company records might be able to give you some local employee names.
4. If there is a patent number on anything in the machine, I can look up the patent for the name(s) of inventor(s), who may also be of help.

Anyway, don't give up yet. This is a rare one, and well worth saving if possible. Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:13:37 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
WOW...Thank You very much! I'll look and see if I can find a number...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
From SolidSilver:

The name of the outfit that licensed some games from Status Corp was Wood Place Inc, in the mid tio latge 80's.
I know nothing about them, or if they are still in business.

And here's a flyer of your rig, made as an arcade game.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:13:58 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Thanks for all that information! Interesting ... my video slot in a box!
I couldn't find any numbers other than what was on that tag in the photo at the beginning of my thread.
I don't really know what else to do. I couldn't find anything in the MONITOR section here. I'm about to toss in the towel. Too bad because it's so darn CLEAN looking! I'm just not so knowledgeable on CRT's. I just had hoped some of the initial responders would come back!
I think it's time to put this back on Craigslist!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal