**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > BALLY Game Maker

Game Maker issues

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kenokarz:
not sure what all jurisdictions  are for but it sounds like kcirrick is up on this more than i am

kcirrick:
For my sake J=jurisdiction

There is only one J chip.  There’s not a different chip for each J.  When you select your J after a clear, that info and it’s parameters write to the chip and rewrites to this guy each time you do a clear.  Here comes a story:

I was (and still am) learning.  I was trying to figure out what different things do and on this occasion I decided to try and play with Jurisdictions.  I always use J 1, but now I was going to try them all.  BIG MISTAKE!  My first stop was J 2.  I don’t remember why, but I didn’t care for it and decided to move on to J 3.  Uh Oh!  Can’t do it.  It turned out that if you select J 2 or J 3 then your machine will be locked in that J and there is nothing you can do about it.  Your options are to find a way to erase the chip or buy a new chip.  I almost bought an eraser because the chip 93C56N is obsolete, not made anymore and you can’t buy it.  Mouser had it.  At least they sold it to me – twice.  It was the wrong chip.  Their inventory was wrong and they didn’t have what I needed. Refund.  Eventually I found 93CS56N.  I bought half a dozen so I would have spares.  This chip is compatible.  I stuck it onto the MPU, configured with J 1 and left it at that.

Today I am configured with J 8.  My coin denomination is $5,  my multiple denominations is $20, $50, $100 $200 and $500 and my bill acceptor country is universal 5.  Now when I feed it $5 it racks up $5,000.  Insert $100 and get $100,000 in credit.  No more constantly yanking out that cash box.

I got off track, but there you go.  I’m thinking of recording a video as I clear and configure my upright.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen one.

Kenokarz:
thank you for the info, so now i know why some of my boards are locked into a jurisdiction , i have pulled the eeprom and put it on another board and did a debug , i think that was able to let me start from scratch again ,

kcirrick:
I had heard the debug chip might be a way out.  I was unaware of them back then and I haven't needed one since.  Glad I could share something useful. :applause:

Kenokarz:
try it out and let me know how that worked out for you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442