New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier  (Read 39942 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »
I think his scavenger coil is not energized and that’s why it’s rejecting the coins.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Tat2Dave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 03:08:23 PM »
Not sure the name of it?, but the coin slide thing that is attached to the coin diverter is rattling. Is there anyway to adjust it?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 04:01:16 PM »
I used a emery board, the same style you use to file your nails. Put it behind the metal plate and in front of the coil with the power turned off. Them push the metal plate to hold pressure on the emery board and file up and down and little at a time to clean up the two surfaces. I also have tightened up the return spring a little. Everyone tends to be a little different. Some are quiet, others might still have a little buzzing.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »
So how do i test the lockout coil? I think its bad and that is why the coins just drop through. And how do i make a donation?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 11:13:55 AM »
If you own a voltage meter you can test the coil for resistance.. Does your look like it’s gotten hot? As for making a donation to the sight, you can find a link at the bottom of every page. See pic.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 06:17:12 PM »
Posted photo of coil similar to lock out.
Check the copper wires on your coil, sometime there are very fine cracks or loose connections.
There are after market coils, can't remember the name of the company at this moment.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »
With my voltage meter on AC i'm getting a reading of 52 volts, but the lockout coil doesn't move

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »
Check for the slightest bit of resistance and or continuity in the coil.
Also that it is insulated when it’s installed. The screw in the back is also insulated.
I don’t think it would be poor insulation as the coil would buzz, but strange things sometimes happen.
Those small copper wire may appear to connected to the solder joint,
but just a hairline crack will keep the coil from working.
Test the coil out of the machine by applying 52 vac and hold a metal object near the two metal post.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 02:12:17 PM »
No it doesn't look like it got hot. I'm not sure how i can put 52 vac to it? And should my meter be on AC or on DC to test it?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2018, 02:15:56 PM »
If you do a continuity test with the power turned off, that will tell us if the coils good or not.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2018, 02:27:06 PM »
Just put them volt meter on continuity and what do i turn the dials to? Also that loose yellow wire is soldered to the orange wire on the lockout coil, and can i get the coil out by unscrewing the coin mech. box? or do to have to take out the belly glass to get it off?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2018, 03:02:05 PM »
Okay to start I do not know what meter you have
So post a picture of your meter and then I will make a video testing that coil so you can see the resistance with as close to the meter you're using as I have I will attempt to tell you where to set the meter out I have changed very few of those actual coils I started with these old machines in the early 80s in South Lake Tahoe I have done a lot of them I have a lot of them at my home it is usually a bad switch not a bad coil if the machine is functioning properly without the coil remove the Armature and play it for a while make sure it is working properly only try to fix one problem at a time get the machine working first one problem at a time I can talk you through one thing at a time not 10 I'll see what I can do

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2018, 04:10:00 PM »
volt meter

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
Photo for previous post.
Seldom do you find cracked coil wire leads. But need to eliminate the possibility of broken leads as to not be spending a lot of time for nothing.
You can check continuity with a low voltage battery and light.     

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »
Myself, I built a power supply for testing equipment, Volts AC, fuses, relays and bulbs.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2018, 05:57:18 PM »
David you are amazing..  :nerd: :cool_thumb_up: :hail:  That’s Tester looks like it could have been a kit you buy and build, but you built that from scratch. Very cool. 👍
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »
Thanks Gary,
I use to just use an old transformer and clip on the 110 volts, but very unsafe.
Had the idea in my head for a long time which gave me time to redesign before I came up with a final concept. Didn’t take long to build, but the time frame was about a month of piecing it together.
Only a few new parts the rest was stuff laying around the shop, but put together became useful.

Just finished a rodent launcher  I’m calling it “Rat Mobile”
Think it’s to off subject for this site. If I post a video on YouTube I’ Let you know.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2018, 07:26:25 PM »
Just finished a rodent launcher  I’m calling it “Rat Mobile”
Think it’s to off subject for this site. If I post a video on YouTube I’ Let you know.

Sounds interest if not humorist. 
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2018, 07:40:44 PM »
.....Just finished a rodent launcher,  I’m calling it “Rat Mobile”. Think it’s too off subject for this site. If I post a video on YouTube I’ll Let you know.

You can post about the Rat Mobile in the forum below, it's pretty much 'anything-goes' in there:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=16.0
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2018, 08:29:47 PM »
That tester you built is very amazing, pretty cool shit. I mighty have something i can use as a power supply, i just thought of it. A power supply i used for tattooing.  And i donated 20$ today for all your guys help. thank you for your time.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal