New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MEI SC6602 All 3 Leds lit  (Read 3378 times)

Offline RJ

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • RJ New User has no influence.
  • NLG
MEI SC6602 All 3 Leds lit
« on: June 13, 2019, 10:17:08 AM »
Hello all, I have a S2000 Triple Diamond I just purchased a  MEI SC6602 DBA.
It had a older JCM that was dead.

After I installed the MEI
I had a no disp in the Winner/ credit window then toggle to a 0 in the Total Bet window.

Prior to the new DBA. The Slot had a no disp and dead JCM.

The power supply was replaced.

Reels do cycle. Battery voltage is good. I have ordered both batteries.
Will order a Key45 chip and a IVC224 clear chip.

Game stats:

Game chip       SB100064

GM1 Stepper. SG000598 CS DE 1C
GM2 stepper SG000598. CS. 347D

VS. Version Chip VS011GX1

DSP.   DSPL0002

SNDF.                 R
DSV00042 16MG

I removed the JCM and hooked up the three connectors to the SC6602. Small connector power. A 4 pin connector that only uses  2 of the pins and the 5 pin connector.

The 3 spade connector cable for I believe is meant for the switch in the back of the cash box is not hooked up to the switch on the backside. They are just taped off. Do I need to do anything with these??

I powered up the machine. All 3 LEDs on the SC6602 are lit. Green Red Yellow Solid. I also get the upper tower light flashing and the no disp toggling to a zero in Total bet.
SC6602 manual says Hardware Fault unit not programmed.

Is there anything else I can check before I send the MEI SC6602 back?

Thanks

Reno

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: MEI SC6602 All 3 Leds lit
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 10:37:53 AM »
Disconnecte the signal cable, leave only the 2 pin for power and see if the validator cycles. Then the head or the control board might be bad, or easytrax might be enabled on the head.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »
With just the Power connector installed, the unit cycles and the green light flashes. (Looking for communication link)As soon as I plug the data line in it goes to three solid leds.

Do I need to connect any of the 3 wires for the cash box switch white red black

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 05:15:36 PM »
Did you check 4.0 I/O test menu, 4.3 netplex auto config to see if BV shows installed?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:19:15 PM »
Does the machine power up correctly with the validator disconnected?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 06:03:17 PM »
Can't help you out on the MEI but you mentioned that you ordered both batteries. You do not need to replace the Varta battery. They will leak acid in time and ruin your board. If you have the 502 or 504 board all you need to do is remove it. If you have the 1270 enhanced board you also need to remove U16 also. If your not sure what board you have post a pic and we will let you know.

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 06:16:08 PM »
Did you check 4.0 I/O test menu, 4.3 netplex auto config to see if BV shows installed?

I pressed the white button on the cpu board one time all I get is a no disp
Green light on the cpu board.
Nothing shows up in the winner credit or total bet displays concerning diag mode.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:42:02 PM by RJ »

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 06:16:44 PM »
Does the machine power up correctly with the validator disconnected?

Powers up reels spin and I get a no disp

Should there be any led lights lit on the power distribution board at the back of the game were the power cord plugs in.
I noticed the vacuum tube display does not light up.

I have never seen this machine in original working order.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:10:45 PM by RJ »

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »
Can't help you out on the MEI but you mentioned that you ordered both batteries. You do not need to replace the Varta battery. They will leak acid in time and ruin your board. If you have the 502 or 504 board all you need to do is remove it. If you have the 1270 enhanced board you also need to remove U16 also. If your not sure what board you have post a pic and we will let you know.

PCB  is a ctrlr s2000 enhanced 2004

So all I need to do s clean up the pcb remove the varta battery and then u16

As a look closer to the varta battery I see it is starting to leak so it will need to be replaced or removed.

From what I read I will need to order a Key 45 chip and a IVC224 clear chip. Is this correct?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:43:54 PM by RJ »

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 07:47:20 AM »
Dba cycles when net plex connector is removed.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 08:56:44 AM »
do you happen to have another 6602 head that you could try?  it might be that easytrax is enabled in your current head. i had to reflash some of ours to disable it before they would play nice

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 09:27:12 AM »
I do not. Just got the MEI from Ohio Gaming Slots .This machine seems to have a few issues. Trying to get the VFD display to function. I pull the connector on that and it then displays net plex connection lost.

RJ

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 09:33:35 AM »
I am pretty sure Chris updates and tests all of their mei units in a machine before shipping so easytrac should not be enabled.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »
At the point you have a green light flashing,  I  think it is ready to go.  Also have you done a Auto Configure?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 09:57:19 AM »
Also check 3.3.1 and make sure BV is enabled.

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »
Thanks have to get the VFD display to start working so I can go through the menu’s.

I had to replace the 2 batteries. Would a clear chip get me back to a base line with the machine?

RJ

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal