New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT AVP - Device offline error - cannot clear  (Read 2855 times)

Offline NeedHelp54

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • NeedHelp54 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT AVP - Device offline error - cannot clear
« on: October 17, 2020, 05:29:41 AM »
Please help!

I have an IGT AVP multi-game.  Recently installed a game that requires mechanical reels (I didn't realize it at the time).
I am now getting a DEVICE OFFLINE - Peripheral device offline ID: AVP Reel Shelf

I have removed the game and I tried an NVRam clear, but when I go into diagnostics, the NVRAM button is greyed out and won't let me.

Does anyone know how to clear this error?

Thanks!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT AVP - Device offline error - cannot clear
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 07:07:15 AM »
You need to boot up the game with the Ekey 7 and Diag then clear the NVRAM. 

Offline NeedHelp54

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 07:26:49 AM »
I don't have an ekey 07 - but I do have a Diagnostic key -
when I boot up in Diagnostic mode, it does not give me the option for NVRAM clear.

Will ekey07 free that up?

(I have been able to clear NVRAM with just the Diagnostic in the past...?)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 07:36:38 AM »
What are you using to install game packages with?  Do you have Ekey 3, 4, & 5 rather than a 7?  If so, one of them should activate the wipe menu options in the diag menu, but I don't know which one works with the diag key.  Might have to try them one at a time to see which one works, or maybe someone else will chime in that knows.

Offline NeedHelp54

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 08:45:31 AM »
I do have 3,4,5 - but never used one with a diagnostic key - so, I should use them together?
(example:  use ekey004 (diagnostic) with the diagnostic 14-21 drive?)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 09:00:41 AM »
Yes, you need both ekey4 and diagnostic drive.  Also you may need to move the little silver lever switch next to the usb ports to write enable the nvram.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline NeedHelp54

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 09:47:41 AM »
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
That cleared the error.

(it cleared all the settings, so I now need to figure out how to set it back up again, but it should at least work now)

Thank you again!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 10:01:38 AM »
Yes, it does clear all the settings, but it's the only way to clear the error.  It's not real difficult to set back up again, but can be time consuming depending on how many games you have loaded.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 11:47:38 AM »
In the future, most stepper loaders have a firmware ID that starts with 3, just so you avoid the issue with the stepper problem.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RayV

• Reputation Power: 4
  • RayV New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2023, 09:56:55 PM »
I know this thread is a couple years old but…

I tried to enable a game today on my AVP and this error came up.
I think it was Red Hot 7s Respin or something like that.
I saw this thread and was able to clear the error without a problem but what does this error mean?
The game was installed by the guy I got the machine from and obviously never enabled by me until I got an Ekey7 today.
What exactly is the AVP Reel Shelf?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2023, 10:09:24 PM »
It means the software you were enabling was designed for an AVP machine equipped with mechanical reels (a reel shelf with actual spinning reels) rather than video reels. 

Offline RayV

• Reputation Power: 4
  • RayV New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2023, 10:15:10 PM »
It means the software you were enabling was designed for an AVP machine equipped with mechanical reels (a reel shelf with actual spinning reels) rather than video reels.

Ok thanks.
I kind of thought that might be it but I wasn’t exactly sure.
I’ve had this machine for about a year but I only got the Ekey7 today, it opens up a whole new world with that.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2023, 10:35:25 PM »
It's a good thing you got one.  You really can't own one of these machines without it.  I'm surprised you made it a year without needing one for something.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal