New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help on Universal Midas Touch 94014  (Read 2529 times)

Offline finman48127

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • finman48127 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help on Universal Midas Touch 94014
« on: November 03, 2021, 06:48:13 PM »
In the spring of this year I came into possession of a Universal Midas Touch, 94014, 3-coin with bill validator having a build date of July 1996. It was not working and showed a number of codes. 11 – Low Voltage, 13-Power Up, 31-Over Pay, and one or two bill validator codes and the Tilt light flashing.

Long story short I replaced the battery on the PCB, fixed the other issues and got the machine working.

Today I turned it on after a few months off.  Got 11, 13 codes and Tilt light. Did a memory reset. Now get 11, 19 and Tilt. Back when I fixed the machine it would start with 11, 19 and Tilt. If you waited a minute or two it would reset and Insert Coin started flashing and you could play. Seemed like the machine waited for the battery voltage to come up. Ok, whatever. Today however, there is no change/reset. Just get 11, 19 and Tilt constantly.

Left the machine on for hours. Checked battery voltage with machine on = 4.2V. Check battery voltage with machine off = 4.18V. Seems to me the battery is still good. Game thinks battery is low but it is not. Suggestions?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Help on Universal Midas Touch 94014
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 05:57:46 PM »
Chances are you have power supply issue, not battery.

Have you tried reseating the board, several times if need be. Board connection biggest headache with Ultra Series.

Code 11 is power supply.

Offline finman48127

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I’ve had the board out many times and reseated it by rocking it back into place. The board is labeled “94014 – MAIN 3” and “ ’96-4 Rev.1”.

Voltage at CH3 = 29.8.
Voltage at CH5 = 5.17.
Voltage at CH7 = 11.96.

Offline finman48127

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 06:08:32 PM »
Some notes from today’s attempts:

When the machine is in its “low voltage” failure state at power –on the coin rejection solenoid clicks on-off about every 5 seconds like mentioned in this thread http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32687.0. I have found that while the machine is doing this if you hold down SW1 or SW2 for about 15 seconds the machine will boot and come up in the 11, 19, Tilt error mode.
If you hold SW2 at power-on it will skip the coin rejection solenoid clicking and boot immediately in the 11, 19, Tilt error mode.

Also noted while in this state the machine does not display either door open or door closed codes and the Reset, Service and Test switches are not recognized.

After a while just sitting there powered on the machine reset. 11 code went away. Insert coin was flashing. Wow, interesting. Maybe I should go get some coins… Click… back to 11, 19 and Tilt.

Encouraged I went and got some coins and reseated the board again. This time it powered on with 19, a door open code (51) and some bill validator codes. Set door switches to “Closed” position. Now get code 50. I pulled the board and changed the dip switches to turn off the bill validator.

Powered on again.  No more validator errors. Insert coin is flashing. I inserted some coins. Coins registered. Hit Spin and… nothing. No spin. Reseat board again. Power on again. Credits still registered. Hit Spin. Wheels spin but wheel #1 is turning at ½ speed. Error code 41. 1st Reel Error. Press Reset switch. Error clears. Hit Spin. All wheels spin at correct speed. Game plays!

It lasted about an hour for me just putting in coins and hitting the buttons on the door. Then surprise, click, back to 11 code.

Ok, I’ll try this again but I’m going to turn the validator back on (Hey, it’s a gambling machine, right?). Change dip switches. Reset RAM at power-on… coin rejection solenoid clicks, hold button, boots to code 11, 19, 95 and Tilt. Pull board. Change validator dip switches. Reset RAM at power-on… coin rejection solenoid clicks, hold button, boots to code 11, 19, and Tilt. Same as before.

Voltages have not changed at the board. It would seem my problem is in the board interconnection(s).

Offline finman48127

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 11:55:03 AM »
Update to this old post. Thanks to help from @ Pitts256  :cool_thumb_up: my machine is working.  Changed capacitor C31 (4.7mF – 50V) in the power supply and the error 11 was solved.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal