New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MEI Cashflow Bill Validator Not Working  (Read 582 times)

Offline darthb10

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • darthb10 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
MEI Cashflow Bill Validator Not Working
« on: January 14, 2024, 03:31:08 PM »
Hello all,

I am fairly new to this forum so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section to post in.

The problem I am experiencing has to do with an MEI cashflow Bill Validator unit that I have installed in my s2000 Triple Double slot machine. For some reason the bill validator isn't being recognized by the slot machine. When I power on the slot machine, the bill validator blinks green whereas the yellow and red lights stay off. It refuses to take any bills in unless it is on test mode. Even then, it takes the bill in and spits it back out afterwards.

I have ran multiple config tests via the slot machine and made sure that all of the necessary values are inputted. The credit limit is not the issue, the bill limit is not 0, etc. When I run a Netplex test to try and find the bill validator, it states that it cannot find it despite it being plugged into the machine. I'm thinking that it has something to either do with a faulty wire or outdated MEI cashflow head. Which, if that is the case, what is my best option? Should I just buy an entirely new Bill Validator system? Do I purchase a new MEI cashflow head? I've been trying to fix this issue for a week now and have nothing to show for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
B :cool_thumb_up:

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: MEI Cashflow Bill Validator Not Working
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 04:50:56 PM »
With the power OFF, push the metal round bar up, and slide out/remove the head from the machine.
Look under the head  :sherlock: , can you tell us what may be printed on the labels?
Maybe a photo?

Does the motor in the head run the stacking mechanism inside the Cashflow biilbox, when you re-seat it under the head?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 06:28:43 PM »
I assume you mean these.

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 06:29:28 PM »
this as well.

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 06:30:45 PM »
Also, the stacking mechanism does run when it is re seated. It does it's little start up noise before beginning to blink green.

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2024, 07:36:48 PM »
If the green light has a steady evenly paced flash and the red and yellow are off, that sounds like you are viewing it with the door open. With the door open it flashes. It should be a solid green with the door closed. Can you view it from the bill slot?

A solid green with door closed is normal. A single or a double green flash means the head is ok and the problem is elsewhere. See the diagnostic code.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2024, 07:45:27 PM »
okay...looks good....and the flashing green LED is good too.
Does your cabinet have door optics or a cherry switch?
If it has wired door optics, close the door and watch for the yellow bill bezel to light up.
You can check the bill bezel lamps if the're any good by swappiing with the denomination lamp on the reel glass.
If your machine just uses the cherry switch, pull out the plunger...it will act as if the door is in a closed-state.
Watch to see if the yellow bill bezel comes on.

Also, are there any messages coming up at all on the blue VFD reel glass display?

Finally, there are bill validator tests, door optics tests you can run....but I want you to see if you can get the door in a closed-state.
It's the simplest thing to try by just observing the bill bezel light.
If you can't get that bill bezel light to come on, it won't accept bills.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 01:19:11 PM »
I believe my main cabinet has door optics installed, not a cherry switch.
As for the Bill Validator, a miracle transpired last night. Somehow I was able to get it to accept bills and function properly! The downside is that it only lasted a short while before going back to "Not Responding". This leads me to believe that it is either a loose wire or faulty cash box stacker/head. I have already deep cleaned the cash box as well. Just need to keep finnicking with it and see if anything happens.

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 01:20:35 PM »
The Bezel light does come on when running a test via the MEI head. It also came last night when it worked for 10 minutes.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2024, 02:33:10 PM »
Hmm...it worked for a bit...all the lamps came on is a good sign...at least for 10 minutes!
But something made it go out again....misaligned door optics maybe?

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2024, 02:40:35 PM »
I can send pics when I get home of the door optics.

I went ahead and purchased a separate cash box just in case.

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2024, 03:04:04 PM »
Does this help at all?

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2024, 04:13:02 PM »
Been messing with it for the past few hours now. No progress at all. Auto config keeps saying Bill Acceptor: Not Responding. Took out cash box, MEI head, both simultaneously. Nothing seems to work. I feel like this will be the bane of my existence.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2024, 04:23:22 PM »
"The bane of my existence"  :24:

BTW...nice pics of dor optics?
Only tells me you have door optics....doesn't mean they work.
Let me ask you a couple of questions.
What's the machine's ddenomination?
Would you like to see my settings on my S2000?

Maybe we can spot something missing in your settings?
Or we could use Facebook Inbox messaenger and go live with each other with the camera phone thing?
I find that's the fastest way to solve problems...then I'll just write up a recap of what was done to solve it?

Offline darthb10

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2024, 04:26:15 PM »
My girlfriend is already getting mad that I'm spending more time trying to fix this than with her today  :EmoticonHelp4:.

The denomination is 0.05 for all settings.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2024, 04:27:54 PM »
haha...I'm NOT Dr. Ruth! Lemmie warn you...slots multiply faster than babies.  :rotfl:

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2024, 06:24:59 PM »
darth and I contacted each other thru Facebook and utilized FB's camera "Live" messaging.
We were able to compare each other's machine settings.
His machine keeps coming up as "Acceptor Not Configured" or something like that, as we compared settings.
We performed a "Netplex Configure", but his MPU wouldn't recognized the bill acceptor.

Also, he noticed that there was a lot of corrosion on his interface card....now, this card worked perfectly for 10 minutes last night.
Why wouldn't it work now?
We also did NOT change any settings knowing that the settings that are on his machine..>>worked for a short time.

I made a suggestion that darthb10 try to place a WTB Ad in the Classifieds section of NLG.
I also want to congratulate him on becoming a full-fledge Contributing Member of NLG too!  :applause:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 09:46:59 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal