New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New SanDisk 240GB SSD Installation  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
New SanDisk 240GB SSD Installation
« on: February 28, 2023, 10:33:16 AM »
Quick question...>>>

Simply installing the OS USB thumbdrive and an eKey7, formats the SSD? 
or do I need to use Diagnostic & eKey7 to totally wipe drive 1st? :scratch-head_3:

Do I need to plug in my keyboard, go into the BIOS, set to "Optimize" and set time/date?

I don't know the order.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: New SanDisk 240GB SSD Installation
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 10:35:14 AM »
I believe ekey and os installer will prep a drive that is blank, about 90% sure since I've not done that in a while.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 10:41:04 AM »
okay thanks Rick...installing OS B0E first with eKey7

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 11:42:24 AM »
I would wipe it if it was previously used but you stated it is new. You should at least clear safe storage first. Cabinet memory optional.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 12:42:43 PM »
Hmm...okay...now I'm getting this message as I try to ADD in the right column Dolly Game014-002MV4-B03...>>>

"Host failed to collect required meters. Install aborted (check settings)"

What "meters"?   :arrowthruhead:

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 149
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 12:51:17 PM »
Turn Legacy Meters Off in the setup menu
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 01:33:53 PM »
Be sure you G2S settings are correct.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 01:39:04 PM »
okay...I couldn't find any of those pages guys.  :no:
So, I wiped EVERYTHING...threw in plain old regular boot and bios chips. :nerd:

Then loaded OS with eKey7, turned off, loaded Dolly game thru the Setup menu and re-booted.
Machine gave me error that there's no License... :facepalm: :24: No Shit Sherlock!  :wife: I KNOW that!! :fryingpan:

So I pulled out the PCI, changed out to Showboots and threw back in mpu w/fresh batteries.
Then I pulled out plain Jane regular PLCC BIOS and swapped it with show BIOS PLCC chip.  :Professor:
Turned on the machine with the doors closed and Dolly started working "9 to 5"....  :Tongue_Out:
After about 10 spins, I hit a bonus round...lol...>>>

« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 09:12:42 AM by shortrackskater »

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »
Why did you install stock BIOS chips if you didn't have a license key for Dolly?  :Scratch-Head:

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2023, 04:49:53 PM »
For some reason, the Show Boot & Bios wouldn't work at first.
I kept getting...>>>  "Storage Authentication Failed....Will reboot in 10 seconds" error.  :hissyfit:
So I pulled out the PCI card from the MPU, Show Boot chip...threw in stock Boot chip, stock BIOS, and the error went away.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2023, 04:59:31 PM »
That error could have been caused by one or more of the batteries.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2023, 05:12:06 PM »
That error could have been caused by one or more of the batteries.
:I_agree_1:  I DID change out the batteries on the PCI card before slipping it back in.

However, this is still not solved.
This G23 has been on for about an hour or so now....during a bonus round, Dolly froze up.
I opened the main door and it went into a reboot mode by itself.
THEN I got the black screen after the AVP logo screen with the message "Storage Authentication Failed, etc etc."  :bawling:
Gunna install a different power supply box...I got this one fro that "blazing.slot.repair" guy in Rhode Island.
Came in the mail this morning ....uh....rattling.  :duh:
A coil transformer mount was busted inside and the coil was partly hanging off of the circuit board.
I glued it up but I'm guessing something else may be wrong with it.
Never buying anything offa that guy again.
Wanted to give him a chance because he wasn't stupid far away from me and shipping was cheaper.
That was a wasted $85 + 15 dollars. Ugh!

***Update***

Still in "Storage Authentication" error....going to wait next week until another MPU board comes in and throw all this suff on it and see what happens.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2023, 05:15:40 PM »
Ah, OK, you were using them for troubleshooting purposes.  I just burned and  installed a set in a CPU that I got that didn't come with bios chips.  Why the hell do people remove them ?  :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :banghead:

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2023, 05:26:07 PM »
haha Tilt.. I have an extra mpu but it doesn't even have any heatsinks on the main processor chip.
Somehow somebody somewhere dropped the bloody brainbox I'll bet and it fell off.
Have to find a heatsink, thermal paste and something with a small fan from an old XP desktop I have.

This damn thing is driving me nuts....pretty sure it's the main circuit board...I've tried everything else.
Ribbon cables all checked out as I used a sewing needle to check EVERY DAMN pin for continuity. haha
But the PCI card is a flimsy idea too....sits in a blue female socket that looks like a bow-legged hooker.

G23's...So nice when it's running...so suks when the problems pop up.
Something is wrong with this thing but I know I'll figure it out.
It's just going to take some time and money.  :rotfl:

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2023, 05:31:42 PM »
Maybe it's the hard drive you just installed?  Not all drive makes/models are fully compatible from what I understand.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2023, 05:45:35 PM »
IDK Tilt?
It's the SanDisk ExtremeSSD 240GB the guys were recommending in another post...>>> SDSSDXP-240G

I got it working again with different power supply. :yes:
Didn't touch the PCI card.
Let's see how long it stays up.  :dancing_2:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 06:07:36 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2023, 08:50:56 PM »
The problem with SSD's is that the manufacturer replaces nands or the controller and continue to use the same model name on it.  While I've never had issues with sandisk drives, whenever I see the transcend 64gb ssd's on e-bay cheap, I usually buy them and just test them and save them for my alpha 2 (I install games on them and just replace the games like that instead of wiping and re-installing).  I've also used them on the AVP 3.x brainboxes with no issues so far.  I think the authentication error is a controller compatibility issue with the chipset used in the avp 3.x series, for whatever reason the SSD sometimes does not return the correct information during the SATA bus probe.  Try and source an older version of the sandisk drive, maybe buy some cheap used ones on e-bay. I personally use the 120gb sandisk drives along with the 64gb transcends.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 149
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2023, 06:49:05 AM »
I have several Transcend 64's left over that I was using to change games with if you need any.  Will post them in the Classified for $25 each plus shipping
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2023, 07:32:23 AM »
Sure...I was just looking around for some. :yes:
I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

***Update***

Left machine on overnight....Darn "Storage Authentication Failed" and rebooting came back around 3 in the morning as I kept hearing a beep.

I'm wondering....would that small ATX power supply in the brainbox have anything to do with this?

I'm going to order a spare ATX anyways.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 10:27:35 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2023, 10:27:18 AM »
I got it going again this morning....For some reason, the game got disabled.

I had to stick in the eKey7 and Diagnostic to wipe out the 1st two...(not the drive).
Pull out the Diagnostic, get into the set up again and checkmark the denom for a penny and re-enable the game to get it going again.
Why in the world did it lose it's settings that the game was enabled?
Would it be that pair of batteries on the PCI retaining that info or the brainbox MPU coin cell helping a CMOS chip?

The telltale battery pack on the yellow handled USB board doesn't help retain any settings right?
Those are like the Varta battery on an S2000?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 05:50:41 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal