New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igame freezes up  (Read 1006 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
igame freezes up
« on: March 05, 2023, 06:14:33 PM »
I have monster mansion software loaded.  After completing a full clear and setup (touch screens works during setup) the game loads and the bv accepts the first bill.  Credits are added, then the game seems to freeze, no buttons light up, the machine will not play with the buttons or the touch screen.  If I return to operator menu the touch screen and buttons work. 
I also loaded another game on the same cpu board and it works perfectly.
I verified the eproms and simms, all showed good.
Thanks
Bob

SOLVED:  see reply 10
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 12:12:05 PM by rjpohl »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: igame freezes up
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 08:04:21 PM »
I would try burning new a base and GME's then try it again.  I've ran across some that verify good in the programmer, but fail in the machine.  If that fixes it then you can swap them out one at a time to find the bad one.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 08:17:55 PM »
I would try burning new a base and GME's then try it again.  I've ran across some that verify good in the programmer, but fail in the machine.  If that fixes it then you can swap them out one at a time to find the bad one.
:I_agree_1: :agreepost:  Took the words out of my mouth!

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 06:47:54 AM »
I've tried 2 sets of gme and another base chip, still freezes up.
you can toggle between different credit values until you put a bill in and put credits on machine, at this tome it freezes up, not buttons or touch screen.  I have tried 2 different cpu boards, changed i/o boards.
thanks
Bob

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 07:26:14 AM »
Ok.  Usually it's been an EPROM when I've had odd problems like that.  Do the same thing with the flash cards and see if that helps. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 07:11:56 PM »
I changed the backplane and the game is now playing with the exception of sound.  I believe the sound had quit before I changed the backplane but not for sure.  I tried 2 different cpu boards, 2 different backplanes and 2 different sets of software, there is no sound during setup or game play.  I've tried 2 different sound amp boards, I've tried 3 different MM lite boards with several sound simms.
Speaker connection is made on backplane.
What voltage should I see at the sound amp? 
Bob 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 05:57:47 AM »
Sound problem was a bad power supply.

thanks for all the help!
Bob

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 09:35:27 AM »
Nice job!  I wouldn't have expected the motherboard to cause the lockup problem.  Interesting.  Glad you figured out the sound too.  First thing that came to my mind was dip switches not being all off on the sound simm.  This one put up a good fight, but glad you won!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 10:11:48 AM »
Sound problem was a bad power supply.

thanks for all the help!
Bob

Really Bob? The power supply was the culprit?
Wow...that's a new one for me too.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 12:08:44 PM »
It had sound but was freezing up so I tried changing the power supply but since game was still freeing up I didn't notice the sound was gone.
I believe the power supplies have several outputs and evidently the dead pin was feeding the sound amp board.
I had a problem with backlit reels not lighting up on one machine it ended up being a bad power supply. 
Again thanks for jumping in with all the help.
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 12:11:31 PM »
Corrections on Freezing up!

it happened again today on another software set, so the motherboard was not the problem.  The problem was during set up I enabled "bill change mode".  When it's enabled the bill validator will accept the first bill and apply credits but the machine will freeze/lock up.  Not sure what Bill Change Mode is.

Bob

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2023, 12:19:16 PM »
I always thought that it meant the BV would just give change from hopper if you inserted a bill.  If there is no hopper I guess it goes to credit and locks up machine?  I have no idea.  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2023, 03:23:36 PM »
Yep, Bill Change mode turns the machine into a change machine.  Put a bill in and it spits out its value in coins.  I'm surprised it allows you to enable that mode without requiring the hopper to be enabled as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal