New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2: Loads Normally both both screens are black? Stuck??  (Read 1038 times)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
WMS BB2: Loads Normally both both screens are black? Stuck??
« on: April 04, 2023, 02:40:17 AM »
HI all, always appreciate the great help i get from this site.

Apologies but I am not tech savvy so hopefully i can sort this out myself. I have a couple of BB2 machines and for some reason one of them every say 10 times I turn it on 1 out of the 10 it will turn on normally but both screens are black - the lights inside the machine light up as normal but just seems to be both the screens.

I took out the CPU from my working machine and plugged it into this machine but still the screens dont load. If i turn it off and on eventually the screens will come on but it can take 20 - 30 goes for it to happen. Then for the next few times I use the machine each day it will load and power normally until eventually it will do the same again.

Is there anything I can do or check to see what the issue is - it still will eventually work but would love for it to work normally all the time, thanks in advance for your help :)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WMS BB2: Loads Normally both both screens are black? Stuck??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 05:34:13 AM »
Having a couple of machines will help you narrow it down.

Start off by swapping the power supplies and see if the problem gets transfered to the other cabinet over a few days?

If that doesn't change, then you can swap monitors to see if the problem moves.

Both of the tests above are pretty easy to do with out having to do any machine set-up.

If still nothing changes, then swap MPU's to see if the video outputs are causing the problems.

At this point however, you will have to perform Clears, and set up your machine and game options.

Check out the easy stuff first, like battery voltages, loose wiring connections, etc etc.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 01:40:02 PM »
You probably have inverters that need to be changed.  If you shine a bright light at an angle when the game is loading, you should be able to faintly see the text on the screen, if you do, your backlight or your inverter is the issue.  The fact that it comes on after a bit, usually means inverters. If you leave the machine on for like an hour to let things heat up do the screens light up?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 02:51:47 PM »
You might also check the molex connectors on the monitors to see if they are burnt at all.  One of my Kristel 22” monitors developed severe burn on the molex connector, and after further inspection, the pin was nearly black…completely cooked.  The monitor would come on sometimes, and other times, not.  I ran new wire and connectors and it has run fine ever since.  With both monitors acting up, I’d suspect the power supply.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 04:26:30 PM »
I know the Kristel's have inverters, but do the Wells-Gardner's have them?
We don't know what he has yet.

All I see on my 22" W-G is a 6-pin micro connector with a 4-wire harness going to the corner of the LCD?
I'm guessing those go to the CCFL tubes inside.
Wells-Gardner put Samsung LTM220MT09 lcd's inside the frames.
Here's a picture of the micro harness I mentioned.

2nd photo  below is the back of my Kristel monitor.
You can see the CCFL inverter circuit board on the left
The pink and baby blue wires go to the two CCFL tubes inside...>>>
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 04:58:00 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 05:25:08 PM »
Just seems strange/coincidental that both screens would go dark at the same time.  That’s why I was leaning towards the power supply.

Jason

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 08:57:09 PM »
Thankyou all for your help and ideas - after looking carefully at the Power Supply - I think Yoeddy you are correct. The power source works but when I pulled out all the plugs from the power source I noticed one of them looked burnt out - photo attached. Would this be the course? I plugged them all back in and the screens both work (for now) but I assume it will stop after a while.
Since its the cord can anyone send me a link of what I need to buy to get it working again?

Sorry for not using technical terms for this but not sure as just a hobbyist. Thanks all :)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 09:19:01 PM »
You could try spraying some DeOxit in the molex connector and disconnecting and reconnecting the connector several times, but ideally, you’d want to change the molex connectors and the pins. 

Thanks,
Jason

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 09:39:34 PM »
Thanks for helping me out. Would you be able to send a link of what I need to purchase? I have sprayed some Deoxy on it for now! Thanks again.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2023, 06:43:46 AM »
If the pins can be cleaned, I would just change the connector.  You need a Molex minifit Jr pin extractor and minifit jr dual row molex 8 pin connector.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:33:55 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2023, 08:02:00 PM »
Thanks for the links - is there a cable I could just purchase instead of fixing - would rather that if possible?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2023, 09:49:38 PM »
You really should get used to doing maintenance on harnesses.  It saves you time and you become self sufficient when it comes to harnesses.  Well worth it to get the tools.  You could just buy a harness of course, I'm sure these machines are being parted all over the place now since the oled decks for scrap are everywhere.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2023, 07:52:52 PM »
Okay....let me see you take your harness out first Sakwilla. 
I'll bet you haven't tried that.  :rotfl:
If you get it out and mail it to me with return postage, I will fix that Molex for free.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2023, 09:38:14 PM »
Thanks guys! I google and youtube everything but I am just not confident that I would do a good job - I appreciate you all offering advice! For now it works when I plug them both out and plug them both into the power. If it stops working altogether I will take your advice and send it to you!

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2023, 12:12:59 AM »
Sorry to add to the topic again, but alas this machine wont power on at all.
I have tried to google where to get a replacement harness from and cant find them anywhere. All I know is that the cords plug into the p7 and p8 plugs on the power supply. Can anyone show me a link of the harnesses to purchase as cant find them?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal