New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mk7 widescreen game change issue  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Cve730

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Cve730 New User barely matters.Cve730 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Mk7 widescreen game change issue
« on: April 05, 2023, 06:35:25 AM »
Hi i am trying to install a lightning link game high stakes in a mk7 widescreen cabinet and keep getting the same error. I am still very new to aristocrat machines and believe its the setchip version i am using or the new game software. The current game is swinging 60s and the machine worked and played fine with that software. I am looking for a par for high stakes or some advice on how to get it loaded up. Thanks in advance for your help
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 08:50:00 PM by Cve730 »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Mk7 widescreen game change issue
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 06:40:29 AM »
The CF card is failing verification, it is corrupted.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 06:58:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply, it is not a original card and i was worried about it being bad or currupt. Would you or anyone else happen to have a lead on where i might get a replacment card and possibly a par? Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 09:41:28 PM »
What is the program number on the sim card.  There are several versions, so the cf card must exactly match the one on the sim card, otherwise it won't work.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 07:42:05 AM »
Thanks for the info Rick maybe that is the issue, here is a pic of the simm card i have

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 12:30:26 PM »
The version I have is different than yours (I have 1.01-68630).  So mine wouldn't work with yours.  The version you list is also High Stakes according to my documentation, but not sure what the difference would be.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 01:48:17 PM »
Figures with my luck lol, well i appreciate u taking the time to look anyway. I noticed the existing game swinging 60s that i am swapping out for the high stakes game uses a hard drive along with the card and simm. Do i remove or unplug the hd when running the new game? I ask because just i noticed that not all mk7 games require that hd could that cause a issue too?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 04:19:35 PM »
yes, you probably need remove the hard drive.  I have never personally seen the games that use hard drives, I'm not sure if you need to change the bios chip or the little 8 pin dip chip.  Someone with experience with those might chime in for you.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2023, 05:30:53 PM »
I think you are right about the bios Rick, after seeing your reply and reading some more post it looks like i need to find or make a bios chip for my cpu. From what i read it needs to be the newer 2.0 version because i have the gt430 card.

Offline The laneman

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2023, 06:48:33 PM »
To run Aristocrat OEM hard drive software you must remove the bios chip (U1) and change the 8 leg chip (U2).There is a special U2 chip for running a hard drive.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 07:04:39 PM »
Ok so since i am taking out the hard drive i would need to change the bios and the 8 leg chip at u2? Do u happen to know the name or where i can get one of the chips i need at "u2" to run non hard drive type games? Thanks

Offline The laneman

• Topic Moderator
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2023, 07:40:49 PM »
The OEM Aristocrat hard drive looks like the one in the picture.That is the one you remove U1 and the special chip in U2.There is no cf or cfast card used in this set up.You will still need the simm card though.
For a cf/cfast card software you use the normal setup.

To clear your High Stakes you will the MIN. 7.02.62.1 set chip.Thats a newer one and hard to find.

Offline Cve730

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2023, 07:55:11 PM »
Ok im getting a little confused now, i apologize i am still learning the aristocrat platform. In the pics is what i have currently running and i am trying to remove the swinging 60s game and install a lightning link high stakes game. The current swinging 60s setup has a hard drive but also has a simm and cf card.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 08:50:57 PM by Cve730 »

Offline The laneman

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2023, 08:07:46 PM »
Your board is setup to run a OEM Aristocrat hard drive.
To run your High Stakes on that board you will need a 2.02.2 bios chip in U1 and you will need a 2.3 chip in U2.AND you will need the setchip I mentioned.
It would be easier to install High Stakes on another regular board if you have another.

Heres my board.This is a normal set up.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal