New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Electromechanical Bally  (Read 2429 times)

Offline filounet

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • filounet New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Electromechanical Bally
« on: April 10, 2023, 11:50:35 PM »
Hello,

I have just bought a Bally slot of a size of a 742 but alas it does not have the glass, nor the bands on any of the 3 reels nor the identification plate.
There is no information inside the machine but just the metal rollers which are identified as B201, B202, B203.
Is it possible to know what are the models of bands but also the designs on the bands as well as the gains?
There may be a table or a file with its information for electromechanical as I have already seen for e-series machines
Thank you for your help :thank_you:

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Electromechanical Bally
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 07:06:21 AM »
A couple of photos might help identify the machine.

See attachment with related numbers containing basic machine information.

Hopefully it will load in the horizontal direction.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 11:37:50 AM »
the number stamped into the reel index disc are sometimes the number corresponding to the engineering drawing, other times it was game ID code.  The game ID codes are not in the spreadsheet I made that David posted, but you can find them in documents in https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/bally_info/

I'm guessing your codes are B-2Q-[1-3].  They often left out the dashes.

if so, that'd make your game a 742A-114 - Bally "two for the money".  Unfortunately, I don't have a schematic or a reel wiper wiring diagram for that game and don't know what a "two for the money" is.  The only other one I have in the listing is a 742A-14A, tho my listing is not complete, so more may have been produced with model numbers higher than 742A-450

info I do have:
- reel tapes are m-220-[201-203]
- index discs are p-484-[314-316]
- payout counter - w-923-11

since the files are too big to post here, I put them in in https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/742A-114/

without the reel wiper diagram or schematic, you'd need to reverse engineer the reels to figure out what made "two for the money" unique.  Often on the 742A machines high resolution pictures of the reel wipers and the wiring on the reel wiper boards is good enough to figure it out.  To get good pics of the reel wiper wiring requires unscrewing the mounting bracket from the reel mech frame so you can move the boards and see everything.  I usually unscrew reel 2 and 3 boards and flip them out of the way, then you can take a good pic of reel 1 wiring.  Then mount reel 2 board and take a pic of it, then reel 3 board.

if you want to email highest possible resolution pictures of as much of you game as you care to take to slotpics@cdyn.com, I'll add them to the folder with the above drawings.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 09:07:46 PM »
Un grand merci à tous pour votre aide précieuse :thank_you: qui me permet de bien avancer, je vais regarder cela de plus prés

A big thank you to all for your precious help :thank_you: which allows me to progress well, I will take a closer look at this
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 10:16:30 AM by a69mopar »

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 10:11:01 AM »
Vous avez complétement raison pour les numéros sur les disques 2 et 3, par contre le disque 1 n'est pas celui d'origine.
Donc avec cette information il n'y a toujours qu'une seule machine possible?

You are absolutely right about the numbers on discs 2 and 3, however disc 1 is not the original one.
So with this information there is still only one possible machine?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 10:17:02 AM by a69mopar »

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 02:31:16 AM »
Désolé je viens de regarder tous vos documents fort intéressant et j'ai bien vu qu'il y a deux machines différentes
Merci et bonne journée
Philip

Sorry I just looked at all your very interesting documents and I saw that there are two different machines
Thank you and good day
Philip
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 10:17:35 AM by a69mopar »

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 08:26:45 AM »
Please edit your replies #3,4,5 and change to English.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 10:18:03 AM »
done

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 04:22:43 PM »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 11:08:31 PM »
Hello,

I do not understand the logic between the M-220-71 strip which must correspond to the second roll, for the moment I have only managed to find this one for purchase and the toothed wheel B.2Q2
I do not see the correlation between the drawings and the depth of the notches
thank you for your explanations

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2023, 07:59:19 AM »
As there is only one seven on each reel. Therefore there’s going to be ONE notch (index slot) cut into each reel disc that will be the same depth for the 7s. Most likely it will be the deepest cut slot.
After determining the one (7) slot on each reel, align the slot with the index arm.
Place the reel tape against the reel with the 7 in the center line position.
Mark the position, insert tapes in the right order 1-2-3.
Lightly crimp reel edges in one or two areas allowing for minor adjustments.
Finish crimping when all symbols align well with the center line.

Regarding the tapes, check eBay as there might be some re-manufactured tapes for that machine.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2023, 10:03:26 AM »
Sorry but I have a problem of understanding, the locations at the level of the combs which are alone are: 2, 5, 6.7 and 8 and the drawings alone on this strip M-220-71 are an orange, a plum, TAC and 7 so it does not seem logical to me or it is that the machine is not a Tictactoe but another model with different bands such as the M-220-202 band for example in the file.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2023, 10:06:35 AM »
Your machine is wonderful  :hail:

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2023, 10:27:41 AM »
Thank you.
Can you take photos of the machine interior as to view the components in place.
Also the exterior might help.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2023, 10:41:52 AM »

I do not understand the logic between the M-220-71 strip which must correspond to the second roll, for the moment I have only managed to find this one for purchase and the toothed wheel B.2Q2
I do not see the correlation between the drawings and the depth of the notches
thank you for your explanations

below is the complete index disc diagram.

at the top of the columns are "slot numbers" ... those are the same as the symbol positions ("Division numbers") on the reel tape definition document.

i'm not sure why you are looking at a reel tape for a tic-tac-toe machine (code S-TTT-x), so I'm going to stick with the B.2Q2 tape which is M-220-202 and use the 7 as an example.

per the M-220-202 definition, the only 7 is at tape division 10.  That corresponds to index disc slot 10.

per the index disc diagram, slot 10 for disc p-484-315 is depth 8.

the depths are the measurement from the center of the disc to the bottom of the slot (R/radius), so depth 1 at radius 2.719 means the slot is very shallow.  Depth 8 is 1.734, so david is right and the 7 on this game is the deepest slot on the index disc.

knowing that, you can do as david suggests and position the tape so the 7 is on the payline when the reel is indexed in the deepest slot. 

afaik, the factory did it using the slot corresponding to the reference hole in the disc since the highest paying symbol is not always the deepest slot on the index disc.  See the first three pics in https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/bally_info/reel_strip_positioning/

since it's extremely unlikely you are going to find the tapes for the game, you'll have to make some.  What we really need is scans of all the tapes we can find so symbols can be cut-n-pasted onto homemade tapes.  The only ones I have so far are in https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/tape_symbol_scans/

I anyone has a drawer full of new tapes, hi-res (300 or 600dpi) scans of enough of them to get all the unique symbols would be great.  A complicating factor is there's different width tapes.

maybe monte's slot shop has a bunch from the guy I knew in nevada that I could borrow to scan ...

in the meantime, making crude paper tapes with the symbol written per the M-220-20x definition would let you test the machine.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 10:58:05 AM by wolftalk »

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2023, 10:55:12 PM »
Hello, thank you for your time and all your explanations which are very clear and allow me to better understand certain subtleties of these incredible machines.
I understand better why I can't find it.

Synthetic :

• Machine has no tape in place
• The machine has no original glass
• The machine does not have an external identification plate as usual nor even a machine number inside
• Two discs out of 3 seem to be original and the third is a homemade one which does not correspond to the original roll number 1 in terms of symbols for the depths.

In addition, I focused on a Tic Tac Toe but to find out what the model is it is necessary to do the reverse investigation by noting the depths of discs 2 and 3 and what will certainly give the symbols and therefore how should be the disc 1.
It is also possible that the reed is incorrectly adjusted in depth of the right roller.

So it gets a little complicated...
Thanks again for your valuable help.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2023, 01:58:06 AM »
Here is the statement of the drawings and some photos of the machine

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2023, 02:23:06 AM »
Pictures

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2023, 02:23:53 AM »
Pictures

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2023, 02:25:14 AM »
Pictures

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal