New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: The G23 quest is complete!  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
The G23 quest is complete!
« on: May 04, 2023, 10:57:20 AM »
The quest for G23 Family20 is for the most part complete.  Up and running, but I need to get my BV firmware updated, so for the time being, it’s disabled.  I’m hearing conflicting stories regarding RAM for Family 20.  Some state that upping it to 8GB will help with numerous games.  Being AMD based, I thought I read that it would be advantageous to upgrade, so I’ll probably do it anyway.

There are some games that get a little glitchy in the sound and graphics area, but that’s not a deal breaker for me.  The reality is that most of these games are designed for 4.0.  I’ll be reviewing a lot of games soon.  You want an example of poor performance?  WMS BB1 games…those were a deal breaker.  Zeus II was horrid. 

Anyway, I look forward to playing!

Cheers,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: The G23 quest is complete!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 06:50:08 PM »
The quest for G23 Family20 is for the most part complete.  Up and running, but I need to get my BV firmware updated, so for the time being, it’s disabled.  I’m hearing conflicting stories regarding RAM for Family 20.  Some state that upping it to 8GB will help with numerous games.  Being AMD based, I thought I read that it would be advantageous to upgrade, so I’ll probably do it anyway.

There are some games that get a little glitchy in the sound and graphics area, but that’s not a deal breaker for me.  The reality is that most of these games are designed for 4.0.  I’ll be reviewing a lot of games soon.  You want an example of poor performance?  WMS BB1 games…those were a deal breaker.  Zeus II was horrid. 

Anyway, I look forward to playing!

Cheers,
Jason

Good to see you got it going. What other Family 20 games you got?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 07:28:24 PM »
So far, Lobstermania 3, Dark & Stormy, and King Otter.  Many more to be added soon!

Jason

Offline RobinAK

• Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 07:41:44 PM »
Did you swap the eeproms and brain box so you can switch back to fam14 easily? I know you were working on that. Did it work out?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 07:53:55 PM »
Did you swap the eeproms and brain box so you can switch back to fam14 easily? I know you were working on that. Did it work out?

I did buy a bunch of 25256E eeproms.  I have 4 in sockets that I will swap out on the backplane in sockets U2 and U3.  2 labeled 1 & 2 for the Family14 CPU, and 2 labeled 1 & 2 for the Family20 CPU.  Since I ran into a snag with my MEI BV, I’m postponing the test a bit, until I can find somebody that can flash my BV firmware for me.  So far, I’m not having much luck, but I’ll keep trying.  The good news is that the 25256E eeproms work fine. 

Thanks,
Jason

Offline T

• Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 07:54:50 PM »
So far, Lobstermania 3, Dark & Stormy, and King Otter.  Many more to be added soon!

Jason

All good games. For whatever reason Otter King is one i really like. I also really like Wonders Of Africa. Really difference type pay game with the Coopertive Sybols. Just got that and Fire Company 5 recently.

Offline RobinAK

• Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2023, 07:57:29 AM »

I did buy a bunch of 25256E eeproms.  I have 4 in sockets that I will swap out on the backplane in sockets U2 and U3.  2 labeled 1 & 2 for the Family14 CPU, and 2 labeled 1 & 2 for the Family20 CPU.  Since I ran into a snag with my MEI BV, I’m postponing the test a bit, until I can find somebody that can flash my BV firmware for me.  So far, I’m not having much luck, but I’ll keep trying.  The good news is that the 25256E eeproms work fine. 

So the BV wont work with Fam20? How are you adding credits? Through the show boots or TITO? Do you know once you get the BV updates will it still work with Fam 14?

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2023, 12:09:19 PM »
For Family 20, you need to use id028. Id024 won't work.  You also need to use a USB printer, serial netplex won't do.
Tito to add credits works of course
Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2023, 03:37:57 PM »
Yeah, TITO is working fine.  I think my G23 has TITO@Home in it. Currently I’m adding credits with the “Service” button, and I can print tickets fine with its current firmware.  Like Wayne mentioned, I just need to get the correct firmware for the BV.  I sure hope it still works with FAM14…that would be a drag!  Lol!

Jason

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023, 04:46:57 PM »
Family 14 will work with 024 or 028. For 024 you need to make sure the serial cable is hooked from the db9 port on the mpu to the bottom of the backplane.
Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2023, 05:40:55 PM »
Family 14 will work with 024 or 028. For 024 you need to make sure the serial cable is hooked from the db9 port on the mpu to the bottom of the backplane.
Thanks,
Wayne

Yeah, mine’s been connected from the beginning.  Will it need to be disconnected when the firmware is updated on the BV?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2023, 06:02:24 PM »
no, it can stay connected.  if you disconnected this with your id024 software, it would not see the bv.  In some of the documentation, it says to disconnect the usb from the bill acceptor when using 024, but I believe this was for the uba only.  it would sometimes stop accepting bills.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2023, 06:08:41 PM »
Right on.  Thanks! 

Jason

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal