New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Poker 856-1 random jackpot payouts (SOLVED)  (Read 1417 times)

Offline henko666

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • henko666 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Poker 856-1 random jackpot payouts (SOLVED)
« on: May 17, 2023, 05:35:40 AM »
Hi,

I got a 856-1 which has a jackpot feature where for a fixed number of pulls (adjustable) a joker symbol on any reel should pay 20.
My problem is that the payouts are completely random on this feature, it can be anything from 1 to 20!
Even if I stop the same reel in the same position(with a joker symbol) the payout differs every time, this never happens on my 3 other machines which has the same feature.
I know there is a "joker" relay which activates the feature for a certain number of pulls and this works ok, but how does the "joker" symbol payout work, never really thought about that?

Best Regards, Henrik
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 08:55:27 AM by wolftalk »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally Poker 856-1 random jackpot payouts
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 08:01:11 PM »
ok, now you need to post a picture of the front of the machine.

I have no info on an 856, so I assume it was made for non-usa markets - probably at the bally dublin plant.

do you have any paperwork for it?

the typical way the payout would work is the 20 trace on the payout counter disc is used, but instead of being fed by wire 90, it's fed from a normally open switch on the joker relay.  When the joker relay powers, the joker circuit on the reel wipers have a path back to wire 30 and a joker symbol will connect that path to the 20 pay trace.

does a joker need to be on the payline?

the usually problem with flaky payout amounts is poor connection between the wiper and the pay trace on the payout counter.  Dirty trace or poor wiper finger pressure.  In this case, could also be a dirty/misadjusted switch on the joker relay.

Offline henko666

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 10:53:51 PM »
This is the same machine I posted about in Bally facebook group about one credit underpay. That is now fixed so the in none "joker" mode all pays are fine. The solution was (from fb) "No, the problem was not there. The fingers on the payboard are correct. But I found the problem. On the payout unit first step is ok but second step jumps two steps, directly to 4:th.. So the second step is grabbing two ratchet teeth. Fixed it, no problem no. Just turned the ratchet teeth wheel 90 degrees. Funny thing is that it was the wrong way, they had put a screw as stopper. So now when i turned the wheel the correct way I got brand new unused teeth"

So I think everything on hopper is ok, checked all the cables.
Also the Joker relay you see on the picture with a multimeter and everything there is ok.
But as you stated the feed to the 20 payout is interupted for some reason, and it could stop anytime. Seen the payoutbord wipers stop at like 7 where there is no payout at all regulary.
Beside the Joker relay the is a "regular jackpot relay" which is not activate with the Joker feature, could this be the problem? Dont think so, I think its a relay not used but not sure.

Best regards // Henrik

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 09:39:05 AM »
if 3 queens always pays 20 correctly, then the problem shouldn't be on the payout counter.  If 3 queens also has a problem, how bad are the burns/pits on the 20 trace?   When a pay stops, you can try pushing down/wiggling the wiper finger to see if pay starts again ... if you can reach it.

if the regular jackpot relay is not powering for any 20 pay, then it's there for other 856 models.  Without a schematic can't say for sure, but usually a problem with a switch on it would cause all pays to not work.  JK-JK-JK in joker mode doesn't pay a jackpot of some kind?

if the joker needs to be on the payline, then the most common way bally wired the machine is using different wiper fingers on the reels to to connect to a joker relay switch, and when the joker relay was powered that switch closed to the 20 trace.   A different way used diodes on the reel wiper boards and one extra wiper finger.

in either case, you'd be looking at the wiper fingers unique to the joker mode for poor connection to the rivets.  If someone replaced a wiper and soldered fingers together, look for bad solder joints.

Offline henko666

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 11:12:21 PM »
I was absolutely sure 3 queens was paying out correctly but obviously I had missed testing that 😊
Well they didn’t anyway, so the problem is as you stated on the payout counter.
I connected the hopper outside the machine with an extension beau cable and slighty pressed the wiper on the 20 payout trace with my finger and sure enough it pays correct every time 😊
Tried cleaning the wiper and the payout board and adjusting the wiper but I cant get enough pressure on the wiper so the payout is not interrupted.
If this had been a normal coin payout machine I don’t think there would be a problem but since this is setup to give credits and the pivot arm is activated with a relay, I think the relay makes the trace to be interrupted because of the movements.
Problem is solved anyway, I just need to exchange the wiper arms or find a way to pressure the wiper arm on the 20 trace a little bit more.
Thank you for the help wolftalk, It’s always great to have someone to exchange thoughts with!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 12:36:36 AM by henko666 »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 09:01:24 AM »
the best way to increase the wiper pressure on the contact plate is remove the wipers and bend the fingers down a little.  You want all the contacts to be at the same level.

if you bend them too much, then the unit will have trouble stepping up or resetting due to the pressure ... but it's easier to bend the wipers back up when they are installed.

on resettable stepper units (except payout counters with the spiral cam), hold onto the white plastic ratchet on the back of the unit when removing and especially installing the wipers. 

if the ratchet moves away from the unit frame enough for the reset stop to disengage the tab on the unit frame, the torsion spring tension will unwind and you'll need to take off the spring, reset the ratchet against the stop, and reinstall the spring with roughly 2.5 turns of tension +/- 1/2 turn.

if it turns out the trace is damaged from arcing and you can't repair it, you can use any payout counter contact plate that has the trace lengths you need for your payouts.  It's often possible to cut traces that are too long to match the payouts on your glass.

Offline henko666

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 10:19:32 PM »
Yeah, took it apart (done that before) and bent the wiper fingers down a little bit and everything is now working.
Its nearly impossible to bend the fingers when the wipers are at place and taking it apart is no big deal I think.
Maybe without noticing it I bent them a little uppwards when I took the assembly apart a couple of weeks ago to turn the ratchet teeth wheel 90 degrees.
Its amazing how little is needed sometimes for something to not function properly on an old em machine and at the same time its amzing when everything is setup correctly that these machines can function for ages without any kind of service :)

Thanks again wolftalk & have a nice day!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal