New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BV on IGT S-plus machine (Red White and Blue 7s machine) accepts only $1 bills.  (Read 1365 times)

Offline green slot

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • green slot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
As subject line says,

BV on IGT S-plus machine (Red White and Blue 7s machine) accepts only $1 bills.

the new "credits limit" seems to be 24 - 26 credits, no more than six (6) $1 Dollar bills in other words, I decided to cash out and start at zero (0) on the credits and see if the Bill Validator would take at least one five dollar bill ($5) before the light goes out. But that didn't work either.

So it not only has a credit limit somehow set to basically 24 credits max, even if it starts at zero, it still won't accept any other denominations but $1 Dollar.

Now, here is the backstory --

I had a dead battery which I replaced a couple weeks ago and everything on my IGT S Plus machine worked perfectly again, except for the Bill Validator. I figured since everything buy the BV started working again, I did not need the Ram Clear chip, but I decided to purchase one along with the ON-OFF chip, because I thought it might be useful at some later date.

I followed the instructions exactly for the BV ON-OFF chip.

Once all the steps were completed, I inserted a One Dollar bill. The slot machine/Bill Validator immediately accepted the $1 Dollar Bill and racked up the proper 4 Credits on my machine (which is a quarter machine).

So far so good.

Now please keep in mind that all of the paper currency I am using specifically came out of this Slot Machine from BEFORE the battery died.

Okay, next I tried $5 up to $20 bills, ------->>>ALL of which the same Bill Validator accepted before the battery died.

Now, as I stated above, the BV is ONLY accepting $1 bills. The Bill Validator is in perfect operational condition as far as I can tell. It accepts EVERY SINGLE $1 Dollar bill with no problems, but any other denomination it totally rejects...

I figure there must be a way to get to the credits "maximum setting" and I've read other people's comments elsewhere which talk about doing such a thing, but I don't know what steps to get there. 

In other for me to use the BV ON-OFF chip for example, I had to read very specific step by step instructions.  "Press white button next to power switch"  Next.  "Press SPIN REELS."  Etc.

Without those kind of ultra specific instructions I don't know how to get to any settings.

One more point, for what it's worth.  I would like to set the volume of my machine higher, but something that is very different on my motherboard as compared to others I've seen is that mine does NOT have a manual volume knob.

If someone knows how to set the volume another way on a machine like mine, I would appreciate that very much as well.

Thank you!

Offline green slot

• NLG
As I didn't get an answer from any other members on this, I kept researching and the following settings info corrected most of the issues I described.  Only remaining issue is that my BV doesn't seem to take $5 bills anymore.  But it takes $1 and $20 bills and the credits work perfectly now, sound, etc.  All from getting the regular Menu Settings right.

So here is the settings info I used to correct the problems:

***********************************************************************************

SP1271 family of game chips: Typical setup for home use.

Important: All setting changes require 0 credits on the machine before entering setup mode.

With the machine turned on and in idle mode, open the door press the white test button 2 times
You should see "2  n" in the winner paid/credits windows, where n= 0 or 1. Press the spin button until it reads "2  1"
  This enables the spin sounds.
Turn the jackpot key once. This advances through the setup sub-menu
You should see "5  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "5  0"
  This will make all wins automatically go to the credit meter. You will not have to turn on the credit button before playing.
Turn the jackpot key three times.
You should see "8  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "8  1"
  This will force all bills inserted to go to the credit meter. You will never accidentally end up cashing out your bill.

[ADDED 5-30-2011] It turns out that this setting has to be enabled when the dbv is set up using the SET chip. If the SET chip option is configured as disabled, this option can't be changed and all bills will always go to the tray. If the SET chip option is configured as enabled, then the option is set here. If enabled, a set chip is NOT required to change this setting. Thanks Poppo and Stayouttadabunker for this info.

Turn the jackpot key once
Press the white test button to "return" to the main menu and advance through it until you get to option group 7

{stop the first time you see a "7" in the Coins-In display}
Set your hopper and credit limits as follows:
  Note: To set these values, turn the jackpot reset key to change the selected (flashing) digit. Press the spin button to increment the flashing digit.

[7-1] 0000   Maximum number of credits that will actually cash out from your hopper.

Zero effectively disables the hopper, but you can use a low number to match the number of coins that you have, if you wish. If you have more credits than the value set here on the meter, pressing cash out will become a hand pay that is cleared with the key.
[7-2] 1200  This will cause all single wins of 1201 or more to lock up as a jackpot with lights flashing. Set this between the highest win that you want to pay out normally and the lowest win that you want to lock up as a jackpot. Jackpot wins cleared with the jp key "disappear" and are not added to the credit meter (although they are added to the jackpot meter in the bookkeeping menus.)
[7-3] 9999  All single wins of equal to or less than the value set in [7-2] (1200 or less in this case) will go to the credit meter as long as the final number of credits is less than 10,000.
[7-5] 2000  The bill validator will turn off when you have more than 2000 credits. Use any value that you want here.
[8]    0000  optional.  Partial pay on lockups. If you want some of your jackpot or lockup amounts to pay from the hopper, set this to the number of coins you want to pay out. This number cannot be higher than the hopper limit setting [7-1].
Press the white test button one final time after making your last setting change to be sure that the changes stick
Close the door
*******************************************************************************************************

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
you never said what type bill unit you have in your machine,  145-200-  or wba.

some types will not accept the new 5 dollar bill, it all depends on the unit and version of software.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline green slot

• NLG
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply.

I guess the point is that BEFORE the battery was replaced, this same Bill Validator DID accept the newer $5 dollar bills which it is now NOT accepting.

As far as the type of my Bill Validator, where do I look for that info?  Do I have to pull it all the way out?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Slide out you validator and take a photo of it...much easier.

Your MPU is probably a 16Mhz MPU board...using an SP chip such as an SP1145...it doesn't have the blue potentiometer volume dial on top and the dip switches don't do anything.
You have to set the volume in the settings.

Volume Control <0> [3] Sets the volume for all sounds and music produced by the sound
generator (for the reel game).
Options range from loudest volume level (1) to lowest volume level (9).

The bills that have the small heads are the older bills...less and less of those ones around.
Sometimes that's all the older acceptors would take, until upgraded.
Now the bills have the large heads.

However, the bills you have in the box worked before... oops...so I can shaddup now! I didn't finish my coffee yet...haha

Go to the kitchen sink, mix a little dish soap and warm water.
Dip a soft face cloth in there, open up the bill accptor fully and clean all the plastic eye optics you see and rubber belts.
Rinse the face cloth with clean water and gently wipe everything down.
Let it dry completely then try your $5 dollar bill.
If it still doesn't work, try a different bill.

Dirty eye optics not reading certain parts of a $5 dollar bill is sometimes why it doesn't accept it.
Never, ever clean plastic eye optics with any cleaning slvent containing alcohol.
Alcohol will work for a few times, but it glazes the plastics making it worse over time.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 06:24:32 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal