New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double Diamond won’t accept quarters  (Read 2003 times)

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DirtinLa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Double Diamond won’t accept quarters
« on: May 20, 2022, 05:13:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

Have a double diamond don’t know if s or s+. Been working fine and recently stopped accepting quarters

No bvd. Coin drops straight thru to the tray. Not the hopper. No add coin or coin in light. White button adds playable credits. Cleaned optics board. No green light when I hold the door switch closed. Checked all connections at the plugs. Didn’t do a voltage test. Popsicle test which only gives 10 11 12 no dash 1. Didn’t show a coin in acceptance. Not throwing any codes that I know of...

If I need a new comparator the cc number is rubbed off.

Help in diagnosis please.

Thanx in advance as always

Fred
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 08:14:38 AM by shortrackskater »
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: Double Diamond won’t accept quarters
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 06:59:19 PM »
With the machine on can you turn the reels ? Are the reels hard to move or do they work freely
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 08:10:29 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 07:04:26 PM »
adding credits with the white buttons reels spin and payout just fine...
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 07:15:53 PM »

Try changing the sample coin in the coin comparitor.
I don't recognize that coin you have in there.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 08:16:08 PM »
it's actually a chinese pachinco slug...  and yes i have changed it out tooo.

got rid of all the real money after my machines came up 200 bucks short during a teenage summer.

they work great and don't spend down at mcdonalds  lol

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 06:12:53 AM »
On the comparitor . bottom right side is a hole with the pot adjustment. Carefully because its plastic, turn the pot back and forth 6 times to get a good connection then leave it at the fully CCW position. 

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 10:04:12 PM »
Did that ...   no luck ....

any other suggestions?

should i Do a volt check on the plugs?  Any idea voltage on each color wire and which plug?

If  not , do I need to order the circuit board where the white button is or the black coin mech?

If the black coin acceptor can someone tell me cc#?

Thanx in advance

-=Fred=-

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 06:49:59 AM »
You have nothing on the LED display. Check your fuses.

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 07:41:16 AM »
The leds are working. Just no codes.

Just checked them with my Fluke. All good.

Last nite I also tried the gate solenoid lock shim

and that

Didn’t work either. No change when opened or closed?

Just reseated all the plug-in to no avail. White button

Spins reals, racks up credits and they go away when door gets closed

Here are my wire colors

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 05:42:46 PM »
Might have a bad cap on the comparitor board.  The wires that go to the back side of the comparitor and to the coil, they should be gray. 24VAC type comparitor is what you need.

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 07:33:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

Have a double diamond don’t know if s or s+. Been working fine and recently stopped accepting quarters

No bvd. Coin drops straight thru to the tray. Not the hopper. No add coin or coin in light. White button adds playable credits. Cleaned optics board. No green light when I hold the door switch closed. Checked all connections at the plugs. Didn’t do a voltage test. Popsicle test which only gives 10 11 12 no dash 1. Didn’t show a coin in acceptance. Not throwing any codes that I know of...

If I need a new comparator the cc number is rubbed off.

Help in diagnosis please.

Thanx in advance as always

Fred
Did you confirm that your optics are working through the menu?
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 04:41:09 AM »
If you're not sure how to check the door optics, here's an easy way to check.

Closely watch the last leds on the display which would be [Coins Played].
Close the door fully holding the door latch up....slowly but firmly push the latch down and pull it up and push it down.
What you're doing to trying to get the optics to "see" each other....even momentarily.

If at any time the Coins Played leds go out momentarily, then you know that the optics are working, but the only problem is they're not lined up correctly to "see" each other all the time when the door latch is fully pushed down in the locked position.

If you can get them to "see" each other at all, then I'll tell you how to line them up correctly.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 04:57:05 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 07:02:53 AM »
Check the connector in your second picture above. Looks like it may not be plugged in fully. (?)
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 05:29:24 PM »
Plug confirmed and seated.

The door had no optics and only a cherry switch.

Door is confirmed closed.

The 2 wires on the comparator are grey.

So does anyone have a 24v 25cent comparator

They would like to sell me please?

I can do PayPal or zelle.

Thanx in advance,

Fred

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 12:52:59 PM »
This is the Comparator I am seeking please

cc16 d 24volts

Thank you

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2022, 10:10:59 AM »
I am currently awaiting a replacement comparator thanx to sunrise side.

I'll let everyone know the outcome SOON!

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2022, 07:37:57 PM »
Quick update:

new coin comparator didn't fix the issue.  After 3 or 4 hours of troubleshooting and going back over everything I decided to bypass the coin mech and did the workaround the door switch and wired the comparator optic test button to the call switch on the front so I could just register credits w/o putting in coins. Well it worked then suddenly stopped working. So that tells me either I have a short in the harness or in the mechanical coin counters. And repeated the same senario a couple of times.

i'm a lil fed up right now and will get back to it... but may be awhile. I'll report back the outcome once I figure it out or may come back and ask how to bypass the mechanical counters which I suspect where the short exists. Either way i'll report the outcome.

As always thanx for the help and "I'LL BE BACK" LOL

Fred

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2022, 04:57:43 AM »
The counters have a harness that has most brown wires going to the motherboard....disconnect that.
No jumpers needed.

If you think you have a short, it may be on the motherboard circuit traces?
Remove it and carefully inspect top and bottom of it.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2022, 08:14:09 AM »
First,  you have a "S" machine,  board in back, three connections going to the board.

no door optics on this machine,  only the three way cherry switch, door open is service mode, when door is closed,it pushes in the plunger on the cherry switch to put it in the game play mode, if you pull out the plunger with the door open it will act as if the door is closed, so you can observe some things! no need to hold the button in .

what green light are you referring to?  the LED on your cc-16 is RED?  it should be on indicating power to the cc-16 when the door is closed (or pull out the plunger with the door open, same thing).

since you can put credits on your machine everything from the cc-16 back to your board is good, your problem is either the cc-16 ( which you have replaced) or the coin optics,

If I were you I would get everything back to factory, remove Q-4 from the coin optic board and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2022, 01:59:11 PM »
First,  you have a "S" machine,  board in back, three connections going to the board.

no door optics on this machine,  only the three way cherry switch, door open is service mode, when door is closed,it pushes in the plunger on the cherry switch to put it in the game play mode, if you pull out the plunger with the door open it will act as if the door is closed, so you can observe some things! no need to hold the button in .

what green light are you referring to?  the LED on your cc-16 is RED?  it should be on indicating power to the cc-16 when the door is closed (or pull out the plunger with the door open, same thing).

since you can put credits on your machine everything from the cc-16 back to your board is good, your problem is either the cc-16 ( which you have replaced) or the coin optics,

If I were you I would get everything back to factory, remove Q-4 from the coin optic board and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps

Jim

I believe you are onto something...  sorry for the slow response...  got frustrated and backed away for a while...

Since this is an "S" not an S+ like I thought...  did I order the wrong comparator  I ordered a cc16 24 v  as mine had no markings

BUT

my optics board  looks to be an S

what do you think? There a pic of the original in my posts above.

as always thanx in advance

-=Fred=-

UPDATE put everything back and wiped off Q4. No lights on the comparator at all.

I am really feeling this is a short as I can bump the machine and it react to my bumping it. Such as resetting the wheels and accepting use

of the white credit switch.   I'm going to go and attack that and I will let y'all know what I find.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 03:52:52 PM by DirtinLa »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal