**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines

Cfast to SATA adapter ?

(1/1)

KAD:
Hi folks, I ordered me an MK7 WS. To play Gen 8 games I understand I will need to convert Cfast to CF. One way is to transfer file image over to a CF card.
The other way is to use an Cfast to SATA adapter. Can anyone tell me exactly what cables I need for the adapter? Thanks.

rickhunter:
You need a standard S-ATA signal cable and a way to power the S-ATA adapter.  Either through an external brick with the SATA power connector, or taking 5v from somewhere in the cabinet and wiring it to a SATA power cable.  The mpu board has a micro connector on it that can supply the 5 volts, or you can take 5 volts from somewhere in the backplane, but the easiest way is to just use an external power brick with the SATA power on it.

KAD:
Something like this ?

idesign:
Get yourself one of these.  You can back up  your cfast cards using winimage.  Then use winimage with a similar CF card reader to make a CF of the game.

https://nycv.com/shop/rocketek-cfast-2-0-card-reader-and-usb-3-0-to-sata-adapter-converter-cable/0381f0b0-9174-0139-bfb8-00163e90e196?variation=2977042

Also handy for reading or backing up SSDs too

rickhunter:

--- Quote from: KAD on May 07, 2024, 01:17:35 PM ---Something like this ?

--- End quote ---

No that's e-sata to s-ata

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version