**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally EVO and EVO hybrid.

Bally Evo video slot - general questions...

(1/23) > >>

shortrackskater:
I just bought a Bally Evo video slot, in various pieces. Most of it is assembled now although I have two plugs in the top box that have no home. I'm thinking they may be for a printer, but if anyone knows... please post. There's a two prong plug on the left and a smaller one on the right, with what looks like a ground terminal. I don't see anywhere to plug them.
Also... what model IS the Evo? I'm new to working on these. I have a Game Maker but this one seems much more complex than that. I did find a link "slot tech - interesting stuff" that I believe has some of what I need on it.
Oh... does the CD have to be IN for it to run? I'd assume so...  :Scratch-Head:

shortrackskater:
I got everything together. I think those plugs are for a printer or something up there. The machine powers up BUT... and I think this IS the problem: the CD rom just makes a loud WHIRRRRING noise. It's not booting up the CD inside. This looks just like a generic drive. Can I just stuck a Goodwill store CD drive in there?
UPDATE: whirrring was not the DVDr; it was the fan below it!

shortrackskater:
This is great... I'm just replying to myself. Too bad I can't give self-Karma!  :rotfl:
So... it is just a CD ROM... so, since it's not opening/closing... working, I'll head to Goodwill tomorrow.
Also I measured the battery voltage in the MPU and it was under 3V. I bought a new one, but kept the old one connected with jumpers while I soldered the new one to the leads of the other.
The next problem I saw was the audio out plug in the "suitcase" or whatever you call the unit. It had split in half. I removed the plate covering the plugs and saw that it was covering two more audio plugs. I'm guessing they're for some other model so I just swiped the one to the right.
This wasn't exactly the easiest thing. I had to remove the board from the chassis, along with removing the CDR (which I needed to anyway) and the metal housing covering it. After unplugging another small board plugged into the larger board, I was able to carefully feed it off the stands and up to access the bottom. So... all I need to do is stick in a working CDR, plug thing all back in and see what happens!  :applause: Thanks to member tjlee for PMing me some documentation.
But if anyone else wants to chime in... that would be GREAT.

shortrackskater:
From my other post but moving back here...
The fried diode was replaced on my MPU board. I'm back to the non working DVD R!
I've replaced it twice... neither will power up...no light! The old DVD will light up, but it won't work! I have NO CLUE why there would be any difference swapping one out. I tried a saferam clear and I get this after it runs through a test setup. Still no power on the DVD.

cowboygames:
Have you checked the CD power plug with a multimeter? Diodes don't go bad with age, it's usually a short that fry's a diode and you may have other damaged components on the board. If you have a meter and access to the board while it's turned on, try tracing back to the problem component. I would be surprised if it was just the bad diode

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version