**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Electromechanical

Bally EM, 2 Coin over Payment on every payout, except when...

(1/4) > >>

Amechanic:
I have an interestion problem. I'm working on a Bally EM model 1084 from Dublin.. It has a constant 2 coin over pay on every jackpot paid.. I have gone thru the hopper, zero switch is working correct, contacts and switches are cleaned and adjusted. The wiper board contacts are correct, BUT I still have a two coin over pay?? Now I can make it pay out correctly every time if I take the coin off the reels coin shelve. I take the first 3-4 coin off. Now I have about a 1-2 second delay before the coins go under the roller to be counted, and pays correct every time this is done.. Now if you leave the coins on right up to the payout roll, and hit a jackpot you get 2 extra coins every time?? It doesn't make sense, delay the coins, it pays correct, or you get two extra if they start to pay immediately?? I did run the hopper to test the safety timer, but it never turned off.. The spiral cam is resetting and opening the zero switch after you coin up and pull the handle.. I took a picture of the hoppers coin wheel and shelve, and I think this hopper has 50 cent setup in it.. Someone made a hopper knife to work in it..  I don't think that my problem.. Any ideas??

Thanks Gary

cowboygames:
Just a goes, but sluggish/sticky switch on the counter maybe?

Amechanic:

--- Quote from: cowboygames on June 18, 2014, 08:12:29 PM ---Just a goes, but sluggish/sticky switch on the counter maybe?

--- End quote ---

This is a EM that's mechanical counting, one coin under the roller advances the 100 tooth gear 1 click. That advances the spiral cam one position on the payout wiper board. That is alway correct even after the two extra coins? It's acts like it has a delay or reset circuit in the first 1-2  seconds that the hopper runs?

The Fatman:
So it it my understanding that the 100 tooth  gear and the wiper arms are only advancing (10 coin win) 10 places but giving out 2 extra coins? Or does it advance two extra places as well with advancing the wiper arms when it doesnt have your man made delay? Its pretty good that you have discovered what you have too. I am wondering if the coin sitting on top of the knife ( good job on the retro 25 cent upgrade) could be holding the advance levers on the 100 tooth gear too far so when it goes to pay it doesnt actuall know its giving that one out. I know you said it gives out 2 .... but got to start somewhere....Its strange.  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:
Dave F

mark the spark:
does your kicker blade that knocks the coins off the wheel not give you the 1-2 coin delay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version