**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT M Slot Reel Games
IGT M Machine Motor Error
(1/4) > >>
mwade109:
Ok, so I am trying to repair this nice M machine for someone.  First I get a reel 1 issue, replaced the top spring for the stop solenoid and worked great.  Come back 24hrs later to play/test the machine and I get the same error except for reel 3, replace spring and life is good again. Go out there today (24 hours again) and I get this motor error.  Interesting, I go ahead and yank the big old reel assembly out yet again and put it on the bench. Everything looks good back where the motor is.  I go ahead and clean off the optic sensor and put it back in, turn it on and play it one time then bam, motor error.  Go ahead and shut off, turn on, open/close door, watch it go thru it's little diag and then it is ready to play, play once and....bam! Motor error after one complete play. Pull out assy again, everything looks good so I put it back in, get the same error and decide to see if I can get any ideas here. First, I decided to go ahead and give the reel assembly a little 'abrupt' push in (could have been frustration, could have been a diagnostic tool) and the machine has been working ever since.  I can't in good faith just give it back to the people assuming it mysteriously works now.  Any ideas? Could it just have been that it needed a 'nudge' after inserting even though the retention clips on both sides were in place?

Any help would be appreciated!
-mike
Tilt:
Possibly?  How do the reel basket contacts look?  Maybe use some De-ox it or other contact cleaner on it.

mwade109:
Thanks, I just checked againI ran a few quarters through it and after the third pull, I got the motor error again.  I will pull the reels out again tomorrow and check the contacts, nothing stood out to me wheh I had it out before but I will clean the contacet just to make sure.
-mike

--- Quote from: Tilt on April 22, 2022, 05:11:29 PM ---Possibly?  How do the reel basket contacts look?  Maybe use some De-ox it or other contact cleaner on it.

--- End quote ---
mwade109:
The contacts looked great (both male and female) but I went ahead and cleaned them anyway.  I was going to be busy for the weekend so I put the reel basket up on edge overnight and let some lube seep into the end of the cam that is there, then I did the same for the other end.  Also put a few drops on the gearbox shaft and left it on end, later today I wil look and see if it seeped in or not.

Can you or anyone explain how/when that motor runs? It seems that I get the error after the reels stop properly.  I swear the error popped up on it's own once about 30 seconds after the reels stopped.  Maybe if I understood when the motor runs I would be able to diagnose it better. 

Will post later and let you know if the lubrication helped at all.

-mike

--- Quote from: Tilt on April 22, 2022, 05:11:29 PM ---Possibly?  How do the reel basket contacts look?  Maybe use some De-ox it or other contact cleaner on it.

--- End quote ---
Tilt:
The motor runs to make one revolution of the camshaft when you either press the spin button or operate the slot handle.  The optics let the MPU know when it has started and stopped. 

Here's what the manual states:

TILT CALL ATTENDANT(scrolling)
MOTOR ••• means that the cam shaft
(motor) did not complete the rotation,
stop in the correct position,
or that the motor optics are defective.

Check the optics and the motor brake for proper operation.

Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version