New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Twentyone Video - Fix or Trash?  (Read 1140 times)

Offline DrewMcAvon

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DrewMcAvon New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Twentyone Video - Fix or Trash?
« on: October 02, 2022, 04:25:24 PM »
I picked up a Bally $.25 Twentyone video machine and it was not taken care of.  The plate on side reads V2337-12, and another right above it reads V2337-5. Looks like someone tried to fix it, but did not know what they were doing.  i read that parts are hard to come by for this machine.  My observations:
1. The boards are missing from beneath the CRT
2. The CRT has some circuitry on it, but only "connected" to machine by 6 wires (2 are power I believe).  The model on the CRT is Ceronix Model 1402.  I looks like the female slot where the board would go is damaged.
3. The CRT does not come on at all
4. Some lights on door come on, but not all.  The fan works and the light in fan compartment comes on. No sound.

I restored two other Bally Video machines, but this seems to be the worst I have seen.  I did not pay much at all for it.

I attached some pictures.  My Question is should I donate to someone for parts or try and find parts?

Offline crayw

• Reputation Power: 3
  • crayw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally Twentyone Video - Fix or Trash?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 06:43:44 PM »
I have a machine just like yours that works but has one interesting problem. Look at my November post for a description and pics of my issue. My machine is complete and hopper pays correctly. I would be willing to give you a good deal for my machine if your intetested. I live near the Texas panhandle.

Offline DrewMcAvon

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 04:28:03 AM »
Thanks for reply, unfortunately I am in NE Ohio.  Did you get the overlapping cards issue resolved?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 08:58:29 AM »
You're missing the entire MPU assembly which is a stacked two-board unit.
I'd contact Alan at KLAR. His NLG name is "badbaud." You can also post a WTB in the NLG classifieds. If you can get one cheap, it might be worth trying. I have a 100% functional Bally Video TwentyOne and love it.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline DrewMcAvon

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 11:11:45 AM »
Thanks for information.  I contacted Alan.

Offline crayw

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 03:57:15 PM »
Did not get the overlapping card issue fixed. No one ever even replied with any idea as to what the problem might be. Good luck!. If Alan does not have the parts you need I can part mine out to you. The board stack, power supply, buttons, crt, hopper,wiring harness, lights etc. Cabinet would be to expensive to ship. Let me know.

Offline DrewMcAvon

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 06:42:40 AM »
Thanks CrayW.  My cabinet is in good shape.  Not sure between the two of us if we can make a working machine.

A few questions.  I restored another Twenty-One video machine, The one on left in picture below.  It has different graphics and has the Change light on top.  This is a fully working.  Takes tokens.  Is the one you have like this? or is it like the one I originally posted that does not work?  I am not familiar with what the numbers on the plate mean.  The one I have that works is V2337-5 with 632 below it.  The one that does not work is is the V2337-12 with 6 below it and has a second metal plate with V2337-5 above it. Do these numbers just designate the cabinet and not what is inside?

Offline crayw

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 10:59:45 PM »
My machine is like the one in your original post. Would need to look at plate numbers. My machine works 100% except for the overlapping card issue. Will look at plate numbers and post a pic of the machine tomorrow.

Offline DrewMcAvon

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 09:44:13 AM »
Alan suggested I donate for parts.  did you ask Alan about the overlapping cards?  I contacted him via his KLAR business web site.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal