New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha 22/22, v32, wave crown topper  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Hertz14

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Alpha 22/22, v32, wave crown topper
« on: February 14, 2023, 08:48:37 AM »
Hi all,

I know a few of you have crown toppers on your Alpha Pro cabs. I was able to get my hands on one for my v32 but believe there might be a couple different versions of them for different cabs.

On my v32, the original smaller vid topper fastens with 4 screws thru the cab into a plate that is mounted above the screen inside. This plate both provides support and covers roughly half of the hole that the wires come into the cab from the topper. It also deflects the wires and directs them towards the back wall of the cab. The crown that I have only fastens with 2 studs, which come thru the cab thru elongated holes (which are too big IMO). There is no way to use the inner support bracket without modification as there would be no room for the wires - the crown sits more forward on the cab. For fun and testing. I removed the inner plate and the wires just barely fit in the hole, and part of said hole is exposed and uncovered behind the topper. This is obviously not correct.

This topper that I have also has a gold tinge to its face, not chrome that I’ve seen on others.

So my question, is the v32 crown the same as the 22/22 or is it the same as the wave? Or are they the same  and I have an oddball in my hands?

The screen on this one is actually a little wider than the main monitor, but the topper box itself seems to be the right width.

I can attach pics later if need be.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline dailey

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Alpha 22/22, v32, wave crown topper
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 11:44:25 AM »
The crown topper for the Alpha Pro should fit all Pro cabinets. Mine has a 22" LCD which is exactly the same width as my monitors.

Attached is a photo of the mounting bracket you need.

Offline Hertz14

• Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 11:58:37 AM »
Thanks for the photos dailey!

For starters, I don’t have that small inside base plate  you have. Could make one easy enough, but would have to figure out how to mount the chrome strip that goes across the top of the v32. It’s like a two part deal- the strip screws to the inner bracket, and the inner bracket bolts to the sides of the cab. But as I mentioned, this top bracket covers half of the cabinet wire hole, towards the front. With my topper on, I only have 1/4 of this hole available to utilize, which happens to be where this bracket covers. It makes a tight fit and almost pinches the wires and vga. It just doesn’t make any sense to me also, why the hole is visible on the back side of the topper.

I’ll try to get some photos tonight so what I’m describing makes sense.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline dailey

• dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 12:28:44 PM »
I don't quite understand how the hole is visible on the back side of the topper. Does your topper have that black box cover on the backside ?

It seems to me that my smaller topper used a different inner mounting bracket, and the bracket I'm using now came with the crown topper, but I don't quite remember.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 01:17:14 PM »
That’s why I think a pic will help here. The crown topper may be missing a piece in the back for all I know, but it looks to me to be complete. If you look at the oval hole for the wires in the top of the cab, the topper mounts too far forward to cover the hole completely- like the mount studs are positioned too far to the back of the topper, pushing it forward literally almost pinching the wires between the front side of the cab hole, to the back side of the topper hole. If the holes were perfectly in alignment, my inside bracket would still work as well. Maybe it’s possible that someone had this thing apart to replace parts and didn’t assemble it correctly? Rotating the base 180 if that’s even possible? It’s anyone’s guess. I can make it work, but would rather it’d be correct.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 02:02:22 PM »
The width of my topper base (front to back) is 4-inches, which is the total width of the cabinet top flat surface.  See the black extended cover on the back of the topper.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 03:05:43 PM »
1st pic shows- no chrome. Kind of like a gold metallic finish around the led covers.

2nd shows the side and the width.. looks normal.

3rd shows the back, you can see how the hole isn’t covered.

4th shows from the inside looking up. Note how the wires have little room to pass thru. This is without the bracket that is supposed to be mounted in the inside. Also notice that the hole in the cabinet is offset to the back and the mounting holes for the topper studs are obviously oversized, too big for the studs.

5th shows the front chrome strip and the bracket it fastens to. (You’re looking at it from the top, bottom of the photo is the front. It goes together as laid out, front chrome strip laps underneath the main bracket. In this pic you can also see the witness mark were the hole in the cabinet top is. Notice how it covers a good amount of the wire hole. You can also see the 4 screw holes that the small original lcd topper fastened to.

Looking at it more, my best bet may just be to drill two holes beside the wire cutout in the cab.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 149
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 03:59:14 PM »
Deleted
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2023, 03:59:53 PM »
That's really strange. The attachment shows what the Alpha 2 Pro series cabinet top looks like. It has an elongated hole for the cables. Yours is round and the location is off. Maybe it's an earlier version cabinet.

You might consider positioning the topper a little further back to better align with the cabinet hole, then drill new holes for the two mounting screws. Unless someone can offer some better advice here. I'm sure you will enjoy that topper.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 04:15:47 PM »
Deleted

Gahhh don’t leave me hangin like that! Haha. You ever see a topper in that color Idesign?
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2023, 04:17:20 PM »
That's really strange. The attachment shows what the Alpha 2 Pro series cabinet top looks like. It has an elongated hole for the cables. Yours is round and the location is off. Maybe it's an earlier version cabinet.

You might consider positioning the topper a little further back to better align with the cabinet hole, then drill new holes for the two mounting screws. Unless someone can offer some better advice here. I'm sure you will enjoy that topper.

Yeah regardless, if I just make it work, it’ll still look cool chrome or no. I seem to have a knack for finding the ones with odd issues.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2023, 04:29:54 PM »
I got a great deal on my crown topper, and it was brand new out of the box. The only issue was that it is chrome and my machine is brushed nickel finish. Not exactly a match but I was not about to turn it down.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2023, 04:43:30 PM »
I got a great deal on my crown topper, and it was brand new out of the box. The only issue was that it is chrome and my machine is brushed nickel finish. Not exactly a match but I was not about to turn it down.

Wanna trade?  :applause:  So that’s what it is- brushed nickel. That answered my first question that they made some cabs in that finish. My facade is in great shape but there’s a scratch on the screen.

If I end up coming across a chrome one down the road, or even the led facade, I’ll keep you in mind.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal