**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally EVO and EVO hybrid.

Bally EVO hybrid - Problems caused by Saferam Clear

(1/2) > >>

BobRob90210:
Let me start by apologizing for not knowing much about slot machines, so some of my explanations of the problems may not be the best. I bought a Bally  EVO Hybrid from a guy on Craigslist like 10 years ago. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago when I turned it on and got a corrupted saferam message. After some research, I concluded that the battery on the mainboard had died, and corrupted the ram. I bought a new battery (exact same voltage/model number/manufacturer as the original) and a ram clear chip off ebay. I followed all the instructions, but I didn't notice the pins on the chip were set too wide, so only the pins on the left side of the chip were actually plugged in, and unfortunately turned it on. If this burned out the chip, the mainboard, both, or neither I don't know. It sat for half an hour doing nothing before I shut it off and discovered my mistake. I reseated the chip, correctly this time, but after turning it on the results were the same. The monitor says no signal, it doesn't boot bios, and nothing happens indefinitely. Now, After removing the clear chip and plugging the mainboard back in, it still does nothing. No bios boot, no signal, no saferam error. It doesn't even spin the reels. However, if I take the mainboard out, and turn it on, the reels spin and the bios boot, before not surprisingly, giving me an error. One of the 12V lights on the front of the mainboard housing is off, so I'm wondering if a fuse is blown. I really don't know. I'll include as many pictures as possible, but I'm not sure what is relevant.

On a similar topic, I see the instructions keep talking about turning a reset key. I have no such key. Is that a universal thing that I can buy off ebay, or is it specifically keyed to my machine, and I'm hopelessly screwed without it? I appreciate everyone/anyone's help.   

BobRob90210:
I sorted out the key situation myself, so now I have a reset key to turn. I also figured out that if I hold the 12v button on the front of the mainboard housing for long enough, the machine will try to boot up. It ends with the error message "MULTIMEDIA COMM LINK FAILURE". No idea what that means.

BobRob90210:
If I take the battery out of the mainboard the -12v light on the front will come on when I Start the machine, but it won't pass the high RAM test. Is this significant?

BobRob90210:
I tested the battery with a multimeter, and it says it's putting out 3.48v instead of 3.6v. Could that be part of the problem?

BobRob90210:
Geeze. I could get just as much help if I stood in the middle of the road and shouted my question into the sky. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version