**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally EVO and EVO hybrid.

Bally EVO to Alpha Conversion...

(1/2) > >>

Ash100:
I recently received 2 Bally EVO machines, Video only, no Reels.

Neither one will Boot, nothing on the CRT other than "No Signal"

Both have clean looking MPUs, and the Suitcase in each one seems clean.

I changed the MPU Battery but don't have the correct one for the Suitcase. Plus, neither machine came with the Discs for the Drive.

So, my thoughts were this...What is needed to do the Alpha Conversion on the EVO besides the MPU and appropriate software?

Does the Suitcase get eliminated, or is it still required?

I'd prefer the Alpha over the original if it means I won't have to find obsolete software,  or if my MPUs are both shot, I'd rather just find a working Alpha Conversion MPU instead of the EVO versions.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100

a69mopar:
I wouldn't do the conversion. better to find an alpha parts complete.  see pic.  what are the themes you need CDs for? I have some, but would have to find them. sometimes easier said than done.

Thanks,
Wayne

a69mopar:
Pearly Gates was in my drawer.

Ash100:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Attached are photos of the MPU EPROMS and the Award Glass. Both machines are identical.

Seems there's more to the conversion than I realized. So, hopefully I can get at least one of these games up and running again.

Curtis ash100

shortrackskater:
I have no idea if this will help but here's the massive thread on my EVO repair. I eventually sold the dang thing once it was working. I just didn't want to deal with the trauma of troubleshooting all its oddball issues.

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1857.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version