New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2/Changing Printer (Ithica 950) NETPLEX? (Can I Switch End Circut Boards)?  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Dirty Slots New User barely matters.Dirty Slots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Hi, Would I be able to switch the rear circut boards on these 2? My machine only has the old style cord.

Is the new board different so I can add TITO? Should I just buy a new printer harness plug?

Also would this be "NETPLEX" when I'm setting up my clear/reset?

Thank you!

ITHICA 950

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Unless the firmware is for WMS in the new printer it won't be compatible.  Suggest you print setrup tickets on each and compare, plus the new printer is USB so can not be used on a BB2.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
ok, how would I run a test ticket?

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Hold that button down while powering it up with a ticket in it

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
It's an Ithica 950. Would I choose Ithica 850 in the choices? or Netplex? When I clear the machnine and set up a new game.

Also, the printer (old one) doesn't feed tickets when I hit the feed button. Should it feed as long as it has power?

Thanks

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
How are you going to power up that USB printer?  It has to be netplex

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
It's an Ithica 950. Would I choose Ithica 850 in the choices? or Netplex? When I clear the machnine and set up a new game.

Also, the printer (old one) doesn't feed tickets when I hit the feed button. Should it feed as long as it has power?

Thanks

Idesign is trying to save you a bunch of time.  Regardless of what wires you hookup to that if the firmware doesn't match the machine you are out of luck.  The settings in the machine will not make a difference either when you are dealing with different protocols i.e. Netplex / RS232 / Generic / etc.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
I have been pulling parts off the new one and switching them with the old one. With one more parts switch I'm going to end up with the new printer with the old connector.  The printer came with the machine (the new one)..to the guy I bought it from. He didn't know how to change them. So I am guessing there is a 50/50 chance it has WMS software on it. I have had the thing in and out about 5 times now..so I might as well try it one more time.

I wonder if i can send it somewhere to get WMS flashed onto it?

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
I’m done here :banghead:

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Did you ever print a test ticket?  Once you have power print yourself a test ticket and save yourself some aggravation and report the firmware version.  At least at that point if you need to resell you know what machine it goes to.
Press and hold the paper feed button with power applied and read the ticket.

Im done..........

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
Great attitude. Thanks for your time. 

I will try and print a ticket the next time I turn my machine on and off. The Feed button does not work so maybe I can open it and place a ticket in there. I will let you know what it says.

I guess I can power on the USB printer with a PC printer cable? 5V?

...will do.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 08:37:31 PM by Dirty Slots »

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
The best advice I can give to you is send that USB printer back to whoever you bought it from and get a Netplex printer that has WMS firmware in it.   Otherwise you are just wasting your time.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
Cool. That sounds like the best plan. Good call!

Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal