New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: GAME MAKER will not clear (UNITED COIN machine)  (Read 14755 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
GAME MAKER will not clear (UNITED COIN machine)
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »
Okay I added a hopper and CC to my Bally.
I'm trying to clear so the machine knows there's a hopper in it. I'm using the Bally Clear chip in IC socket #10, flip DIP 1 switches 7 and 8 to ON. I power up and wait for the eprom and saferam to clear, which they do. I shut off, remove clear chip, reset the switches and get only this screen.
Lost.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:47:55 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: GAME MAKER will not clear.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »
And....what happens when you restart the machine??
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 10:11:22 PM »
Hello!
Same thing as before.
All games disabled. I can re-enable them and it will work, but just as before with no hopper.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:05:30 AM »
 :bump_2:

I'm trying to look for anything obvious but I can only go so far. The hopper is plugged into the "hopper/printer" plug. There is no other plug that it will fit into. But the machine menu shows only printer options (type) and nothing else.
Anyone?
Bueller? Bueller? ........ Bueller?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:59:13 AM »
What Mains do you have?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 11:23:20 AM »
Which chips are they? I'm not sure... the square ones?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
There's two near the game chips that start with V7M100005305-17.
Are those the ones?

I have to step out now...but the numbers below each are:
M0/4MB C5-ADAA
L07-4077-01

M1/4MB C5-FDBS
L07-4077-02

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »
Mains are kind of like SB or SP chips in IGT machines. They don't contain specific game info, more of the "operating system". You need certain mains to be able to print tickets as a standalone machine, I'm thinking the mains you have could be preventing you from enabling/disabling certain settings.

We need a Bally guy to confirm or deny my thoughts? Could the mains being used be for printer ONLY, or somehow prevent enabling of the hopper?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:58:28 PM by CVslots »

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 02:34:23 PM »
You may need "Deep Blue" Clear Chip also known as a Debug Clear. This particular chip allows you access to setup that the regular clear chip does not work with. Jim at Blueridge has this available and I'm sure other dealers here will also have it.

Dan (tacman)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 03:50:28 PM »
I have that chip. And that's what I tried first. I got the same results as seen on the screen picture above.
Should I try it again after the "regular" clear?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 04:38:45 PM »
Mark, was the printer working originally or were you keying off wins/cash outs?

Our GMs have 24 Mains in them. We are coin in/coin out. Now, I am not 100000% sure, but I'm thinking that it was also the 24s that allowed Standalone printing. This has been discussed in the past, on the 6000 platform, I think.

Oh, and the Mains are in sockets M0 and M1. They are commonly identified and referred to by the last 2 digits (after the dash).

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
Mine never had the printer when I got it.... just bill in/nothing out but credits on the meter.
But the chips I ID'd before are my mains I believe:

M0/4MB C5-ADAA
L07-4077-01

M1/4MB C5-FDBS
L07-4077-02

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 04:56:50 PM »
See in my pic how the first line of the label has a ID that starts with V and ends with -24? Those are 24 Mains. What are your mains? The numbers you are giving appear to be formatted as though they are the 2nd line of the label. I believe earlier you gave a number ending in -17? Was this from the M0 & M1 chips?

If you never had a printer, then you may be whipping a dead horse here. If your mains don't support it, they don't support it....period. I found my notes and I have indicated that "Only Mains from 2003 and later" will work to enable a printer.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »
V7M100005305-17

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
Ok, and what date do they have on them? Like ours in the pic are 02/09 (2009).

Offline doyson49

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • doyson49 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 05:14:28 PM »
the 5305 means it is United Coin Machine softwear to run the gamblers bonus system
it never had the hopper enabled in it to run a hopper you will need Bally game maker chips
doyle

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 05:33:12 PM »
the 5305 means it is United Coin Machine softwear to run the gamblers bonus system
it never had the hopper enabled in it to run a hopper you will need Bally game maker chips
doyle

This is all making more sense now... Thank you CV and Doyson - my machine is plastered with little "United Coin Co" stickers. The MPU is dated March 2000.
Now what?  :Scratch-Head: Do I need a new MPU or can I just replace those chips?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »

I'd not see any reason why you couldn't just replace the chips, but Doyson49 may know different? For the price of chips, I'd sure give it a shot if I really wanted a printer.  :yes: 

Good catch on the chips Doyle! I've never had to pay much attention to anything other than the date and the numbers after the dash. Good to know the indicator though!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 06:26:32 PM »
Don't want a printer.  :hissyfit:
I just want my hopper and all the associated stuff I bought... to WORK.  :applause:
Adding more here... I had to run out again and didn't finish my post.
Yes, nice to know all this "main stuff" ... because maybe later I'd add a printer for fun.  :thank_you:
I wonder where these slots were originally? I tried to contact United Coin but they replied and told me to poke around the internet!
This is all making even more sense due to the different inside door panel and that I had to actually tap the threads to mount the hopper in the cabinet. I'm sure now that it never had one.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:50:41 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline doyson49

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • doyson49 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »
Changing programs EPROMS will work but you will need to change all of the eproms
you will need bally mains CG's and game programs
doyle

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal