General NLG Chat > Before and After Restoration Pics
17" GameKing Chop Top Cabinet Refurb
<< < (3/3)
Trisail:
I picked this up a couple months ago. Someone put the Dell in it. The mounting is pretty rough, but it works and I was able to get it positioned in the door opening pretty good. It looks good from the front anyway.  I am going to try to take the display out of the desktop housing and try to mount just the display. So it is just a standard non-touch Dell desktop monitor with a glass touch panel taped to the front, using the 3M touch board. Using a touch monitor like the OP did makes more sense, but if you have monitors and touch panels laying around it works.

See what you can get used, cheap and have at it. It appears everything just hooks up no problem. The GK is VGA so standard monitors look to be good.

Tony
RobinAK:

--- Quote from: Trisail on July 21, 2021, 07:48:02 AM ---I picked this up a couple months ago. Someone put the Dell in it. The mounting is pretty rough, but it works and I was able to get it positioned in the door opening pretty good. It looks good from the front anyway.  I am going to try to take the display out of the desktop housing and try to mount just the display. So it is just a standard non-touch Dell desktop monitor with a glass touch panel taped to the front, using the 3M touch board. Using a touch monitor like the OP did makes more sense, but if you have monitors and touch panels laying around it works.

See what you can get used, cheap and have at it. It appears everything just hooks up no problem. The GK is VGA so standard monitors look to be good.

Tony

--- End quote ---

Thanks Tony! Its gonna be a project for later but I think I am gonna try it. Who used a touch monitor? I did not see that. All I saw was the reg monitor with a 3m touch pad being used. So I dont have to do that and i can just use a touch monitor? In the end all I am trying to make happen is LCD conversion on the cheap lol. The drop in looks nice but the cost is high and then they wanna give me the shaft to ship it to AK.
Trisail:
You are right. I thought the OP 1710 was touch, it is not. Used the 3M touch board.

Tony
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version