**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT M Slot Reel Games
IGT M Machine Motor Error
<< < (2/4) > >>
mwade109:
I cleaned the optics and the motor brake seems to work just fine.  I do not know how to test the optics.

--- Quote from: Tilt on April 25, 2022, 08:45:40 AM ---The motor runs to make one revolution of the camshaft when you either press the spin button or operate the slot handle.  The optics let the MPU know when it has started and stopped. 

Here's what the manual states:

TILT CALL ATTENDANT(scrolling)
MOTOR ••• means that the cam shaft
(motor) did not complete the rotation,
stop in the correct position,
or that the motor optics are defective.

Check the optics and the motor brake for proper operation.

--- End quote ---
Tilt:
There's a motor optic input test in the diagnostic tests.  Try testing it and see what the results are.

mwade109:
Ok, ok... so I am a bit slow but now I am back at the game.  The Motor test under inputs puts a 1 after the word motor, not sure what that means.  Here is what I discovered, the machine works great for a few spins.  Then it will get a motor error. If I look at (peek in through the front with a flashlight) the pulley with the blade that goes through the optics, I will see the blade has gone past where the optic can sense it.  Open & close the door, once, maybe twice and the error will go away and the pulley blade will be more centered in the optics.

Interesting.... any ideas?
-mike

--- Quote from: Tilt on April 27, 2022, 12:46:12 PM ---There's a motor optic input test in the diagnostic tests.  Try testing it and see what the results are.

--- End quote ---
Tilt:
Inspect the motor brake.  It sounds like it may be worn or sticking.
mwade109:
Thanks, I went ahead and took a closer look and decided to replace the small spring on the brake, then, on what I will call the clutch, one of the rivets had come loose so I re-flaired the end of it, took off the end of the motor and cleaned/lubricated all areas of movement.  Machine is working great..... so far.  I like this old machine and usually after I get one going I go ahead and list it for sale, I think I'm going to move this one into the house (after I figure out how to turn off the annoying attract mode every one minute and 15 seconds, I think I saw a setting for it somewhere)and work it for 30 days.  If no new issues pop up, I will list it after that.

Thanks everyone for your help, hopefully you won't see any more issues with this machine.
-mike

--- Quote from: Tilt on March 05, 2023, 08:17:48 PM ---Inspect the motor brake.  It sounds like it may be worn or sticking.

--- End quote ---
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version