Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors

Coin dropping through IGT PE+

<< < (2/3) > >>

Chris-socal:
We need to look at what the LEDs on the comparator are doing. We also need someone familiar with PE+ initialization who can tell us how we know if the device is activated.

As a side note I turn those diverters off by removing a wire, they almost always start buzzing. Be sure to insulate the exposed wire.

Chris

jay:
Lets start with the basics.

1. Do you have a sample coin in the comparator - what denomination is it ?  You may want to swap it for a different coin. Sometimes a coin sitting in a comparator for a long period of time has its metal properties shift just enough that it doesn't register. Happens more commonly with Tokens.

2. What model of comparator do you have ? CC-16D ??

3. Under the comparator is a optic board. Look closely - very closely - there should be a tiny (super tiny) button on this. With the door open press that button and it should put a test credit on the machine. Which you can play with the door open.

agordon117:

--- Quote from: Chris-socal on March 18, 2024, 08:16:02 PM ---We need to look at what the LEDs on the comparator are doing. We also need someone familiar with PE+ initialization who can tell us how we know if the device is activated.

As a side note I turn those diverters off by removing a wire, they almost always start buzzing. Be sure to insulate the exposed wire.

Chris

--- End quote ---
We know the machine is activated because the bill acceptor works and the game plays fine with that. 

agordon117:

--- Quote from: jay on March 18, 2024, 09:47:51 PM ---Lets start with the basics.

1. Do you have a sample coin in the comparator - what denomination is it ?  You may want to swap it for a different coin. Sometimes a coin sitting in a comparator for a long period of time has its metal properties shift just enough that it doesn't register. Happens more commonly with Tokens.

2. What model of comparator do you have ? CC-16D ??

3. Under the comparator is a optic board. Look closely - very closely - there should be a tiny (super tiny) button on this. With the door open press that button and it should put a test credit on the machine. Which you can play with the door open.

--- End quote ---

1: I did change the sample coin.  It's a quarter. 

2: the picture is of my comparator, it says CC-16-D-VAC-R1

3: The test credit button works fine, machine plays normally when adding credits that way. 

jay:
Per the BV - thats great news.

With the door open if you push the large white test button you will get to a screen that you can do some coin in tests.

Can you post a picture of your coin-comparitor - specifically the harness.
If you do a Cell phone pic - the image will be too large to upload but if you mail it to yourself you will get the option to reduce size, and then post that image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version