NLG's Wall of Remembrance > NLG's Wall of Remembrance

Remembering Buzz

<< < (2/4) > >>

StatFreak:

--- Quote from: Neonkiss on March 08, 2016, 03:39:50 PM ---He was truly one of a kind and as they say they broke the mold after they made him.
Had a great big heart and would do anything for anyone, even if he didn't know them. I remember the posting where one of our members broke down in his truck on the way home from a NLG gathering. Buzz drove back home to get his vehicle to tow the members truck back home.

He was one of a kind.  :cool_thumb_up:

--- End quote ---

That was the 2009 4th of July BBQ in Bullhead, AZ. Brichter's truck blew a head gasket. Buzz had already towed his boat to Bullhead so that Joey's kids could go out on the lake. He left the boat, drove back to So Cal, got his truck and car trailer, returned to Bullhead and drove Brichter and his truck to the Bay Area before returning to So Cal. It was about 1350 miles, AND he cut short his 4th in AZ.

777sizzler:
Great pic's Stat.  Buzz just had his "way" about him.  Myself and He argued over the years and then became friends to find out that we were not really that diff.  He has and will be always missed here to those that know.  I am also the one to tell it the way I see it, even if I am wrong (which happens!).  For the longest however I zip my mouth and keyboard to avoid the drama-and there has been some-sometimes I cannot refrain from the fun though.  Good post, Was and is a good man.  Years ago this forum brought people together with same interests and,  I must say most would give you their shirt off their back. To this day I have very close friends from this hobby and forum that I speak with weekly and we visit usually twice a year--- :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :yes: :yes: ,   Too Buzz and Joey for a great NLG forum (and of course all the rest!) 777sizzler

Ron (r273):
Loved the pictures Stat. Everytime I see one with Buzz's middle finger, I say yep that was Buzz, he didn't
like his picture taken. Glad I got to meet him at one of the drawings at the Command Center. :yes:

qbert:
Great pictures stat.
I use to visit with Buzz about twice a year to just shoot the shit and talk about things that were posted on NLG. We were overdue for a visit around Christmas and I know now he was having heart issues.
As said by others Buzz was a one of a kind guy. My first dealing with Buzz was a sand blasting about something I posted on NLG. My second was he sent me a sleeve of 4002 chips and would not accept payment until long after he shipped and I received them. Who does that??
I miss him greatly.
Rich

knagl:
I never met the man in person, but he was always the first person to volunteer to send me files I needed, and once sent me some CD-ROMs which I still have sitting here on my desk for use as needed.  Never charged me a dime for anything, despite my insistence.  If I recall correctly, one of the boards I have for my Game King came from him, too, and again he was just "loaning" it to me, with no realistic expectation of getting paid back.

Our politics may have been at different ends of the spectrum (I don't discuss them here or anywhere that much, for that matter), and I may not have 100% cared for his T-shirt avatar, but he was a great man, and I miss the old coot.  Hope you're doing well up there, Buzz -- you're missed here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version