Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors

Need to replace CC but not sure what i have...

(1/5) > >>

milandjr:
need some professional help...  A neighbor gave me an old slot he had.  Its an IGT S+ i believe.  I am new to all this but am fascinated by these machines...  I need to replace the CC but only have the model number and these photos.  I believe it is circa 1989-90.  any help would be much appreciated! 

Hoping that this is a new hobby!  Wife is hoping i drop the slot on my toe...

rokgpsman:
Welcome to NLG, good to have you here!

Are you sure you need to replace the coin comparitor? It looks like maybe yours doesn't have the "sample" coin installed. Just slide the round cover (with the arrow pointing) to the right and install a quarter (or whatever coin your machine uses). The machine won't accept a coin without a sample coin in the coin comparitor, that's how it knows what coin to accept.

Can you post a photo of the entire machine, that way it can be identified.

--- Quote from: milandjr on April 11, 2016, 09:26:18 AM ---...Hoping that this is a new hobby!  Wife is hoping i drop the slot on my toe...

--- End quote ---
Wives are like that sometimes. Wait until you get it working and she starts playing it,
things will be different.   :garfield:

Here's a couple of examples of coin comparitor with coin installed:

milandjr:
yes i actually pulled the sample coin out to free up the log jam behind it.  what happens is as the coins are dropped they jam up and you have to open it up and clear it.  It is a nickel machine and i will post some more pictures when i get home.  3 coin, coffin top, progressive from the Flamingo.  After i get her up and running like a dream i may start looking into how to get the progressive to work...

appreciate the feedback and hope i can figure out which CC to get to replace this one.

rokgpsman:
Does it accept any nickels, or do none of them fall thru? Have you checked the coin path, to see if there is something blocking the nickels from dropping thru?

rickhunter:
I would remove the comparitor and see if you can drop a coin straight through it out of the machine.  If it gets stuck, the "rake" that diverts the coins if they get rejected might be bent so it doesn't let coins through. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version