**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Odyssey Video Games

Odyssey start up problem

(1/2) > >>

vette6048:
Just purchased my second Odyssey machine. My first Odyssey I have had for four years and it is still running strong. This Odyssey sat for some years and to be honest its a nicer looking machine then my working one. The problem with this one is when I power up I only get 4 lights on my main board, but if I turn it off and on quickly I get my 7 lights on the board which is normal but I can not get past the 0000 reading on the door. I have extra boards for my Odyssey but any help would or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Robert Winters site mentions nothing about the 0000 problem. If I can't get it going no problem I will just part it out. I purchased it for next to nothing so no great lost here.

gkfan:
Did you get this problem resolved?  If not make sure the Psycho Board switched are all set correctly.  Make sure you do a "full" reset not just a "partial" reset.  I had this problem in the past and it was a switch in the wrong direction problem.  When the hard drives start wearing out they may take a few power downs and restarts to read the boot info. Might want to use a hard drive you know works when testing the switches.

Wayne

vette6048:
I got it resolved. I installed a new battery on the board and the machine is working fine.

vette6048:
I see Worldwide gaming just sold a Odyssey yesterday on Ebay for around $390.00 Machine powers up perfectly. It had a touch screen problem but I am sure it is a easy fix. In my opinion somebody got a nice Odyssey!!

gkfan:
I saw that machine when it first was posted.  I have a couple backup touchscreen controllers but didn't need a third Odyssey.  Takes about 20 minutes to replace the controllers.  If the actual glass touchscreen overlay is cracked or badly damaged then the new owner will have a very difficult job locating one.  My first machine was purchased in 2007 and is still working fine. 

Wayne

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version