**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Odyssey Video Games

Monitor Problem??

(1/3) > >>

vette6048:
Purchased a Odyssey a few weeks ago and it was working fine. Removed the monitor Monday very carefully and brought monitor and machine into the house. Set everything up and yesterday when I reinstalled the monitor very carefully the monitor came on and after a minute or so the picture jumped a little lost the picture and a very fine line appeared on the middle of the screen and the monitor went complete black. I noticed on the neck of the monitor there is no light on when machine is powered on. My other Odyssey when powered on a light on the neck of the monitor comes on. Everything else works fine on the machine the touchscreen the sound and when you tap the screen you can play a game. I assume I messed something up but I was very gentle in handling of the monitor and reinstalling the monitor. I am not a big fan of messing with monitors as a wrong move and bingo you can wind up on your ass!! Any suggestions on what to check as again I see no light on the neck now when it is powered up.

Badbaud:
Sounds like the vertical amp in the monitor died loading down the power supply and not allowing the high voltage flyback to power up all the way in effect not allowing the tube filaments to light up all the way. The filament voltage is generated by the flyback.

vette6048:
Is this  repairable? Should I try and look for another monitor. I don't have a problem parting out the machine only because I know the other parts are good and I might have access to two more working Odysseys. My other Odyssey works fine and the neck on it lights up when powered on.

Badbaud:
who made the monitor?

vette6048:
Monitor was made by Phillips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us