Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > Printers - ALL

Connecting GP-58CR to PC questions

(1/1)

CodeeRepair:
Hello all, I am attempting to fix a problem with a video gambling machine for a friend. This is not exactly my field of expertise but I thought "how hard could it be?" lol.

Currently what I'm running into is that the printer does not function properly. I suspect improper formatting or perhaps it needs the firmware updated. I have 2 printers here and one of them is known to be good and working perfectly, so for my testing purposes I have been using the known good printer.

The bad printer never prints tickets when you cash out on the machine, as well when you print a Daily Report, the Date & Time show as 00/01/01 00:00:00 and never tracks total in or total out. In fact it always shows coin-in today as 8389992, note-in today as 1279550242, Payout today 406989405, Ticket-out today 24744. No matter what machine I hook that printer up to it always gives that report. The known good printer gives accurate reporting for the machines as expected.

I cannot seem to get my serial port to recognize the printer. They mention a specific cable (WEL-R079) and following the pinouts, I have attempted to create it myself, but to no avail. I have RX, TX, and GND, but the RJ45 end of the connector on pin 6 mentions it should have VCC, however in the diagram they do not show how VCC is being created. Certainly not the serial port. I do see that the diagram shows 3 capacitors, but does not list the value of them. I know they sell the cable but I hope you can understand not wanting to give into their bs of "buy our special cable...". If that's what needs to be done it needs to be done but I'd like to make my own if possible. I have attempted to interface with the printer while having it plugged in to the machine, per the internal documentation of this machine, however it just causes my COM port to hang once powered on.

My questions is, how is VCC being supplied in the cable (if anybody knows) or how might I be able to interface with this printer to get it up. ICT Has a video on YouTube but of course it just works with no hiccups, not helpful in my case.

Thanks in advance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version