Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > Printers - ALL

Recommended Printer Models for Bally S9000

(1/3) > >>

aggmann:
Any printer model recommendations for Alpha Bally S9000? I have a future logic one (RS232) installed but does not work. Newbie looking for a similar model that will fit in the same space, has the similar plug and easy to install/replace.

Thanks for your guidance.

rickhunter:
Gen2 Futurelogic are the most popular, which futurelogic version do you have? You need to make sure you get the printer with Bally compatible firmware, it is not enough to just get a serial printer, you need it to have the correct firmware.  So whoever you buy it from, make sure they say it has bally alpha firmware on it.

aggmann:
Thanks to RickHunter, I found out that I have a Futurelogic GEN2 thermal printer on my Bally Alpha S9000. I made an effort to troubleshoot the printer. I used the CLEAR card to reset the OS. I followed Better Tito Youttube to install. When I turned on the slot machine, I received a Pending Status error related to the "Voucher Com Error printer". I used FutureLogic as printer type when I set it up but the printer did not turn on. No lights even show up on the printer. When I pulled the printer out, the USB/RS232 cable seems frayed and the cover is peeling. I rechecked the connections all all look good (granted, I am not techie).  No lights.

Am I missing something or does this really look like the problem is related to the USB/RS232 cable? I am exploring buying a used printer but want to make sure I can verify the printer is not working. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for your help.

sixcardmark:
There are other settings than just picking the printer model.  Did you set validation to standard, etc?  Do you have a tito installed?

aggmann:
Thanks for your assistance. Here are the key configurations that I used to try to CLEAR and reset the Futurelogic printer: (I used Better Slots video to reinstall OS, devices and game).

Under Device Settings
Voucher Printer - Futurelogic (I read some folks use Netplex)
Bill Validator - JCM BillVal

Comm Setup > Protocol Setup
Host Com Setup - SAS Primary
Config > SAS Setup - System

I don't haveDual Host setup but I have Device Owner Setup
Voucher In - SAS Primary
Voucher Out - SAS Primary
Voucher Location Data - SAS Primary

I had taken 4 pictures of the previous settings prior to the CLEAR process and it shows two Host Com II SAS Secondary was setup. Could this maybe be the reason that there is no power to the printer?

I was stuck and could not play the game so RickHunter recommended to remove the printer. I did and now I am able to play but want to get the printer working or replace it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version