**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

Won't boot..."No IGT signature is found"

(1/4) > >>

wilm245:
I have a G23 AVP machine that was working fine until I moved it from my garage to the inside of my house.  Now when I power on the machine I get the AVP screen that always pops up upon boot, but now it has a message in the upper right hand corner saying "No IGT signature is found" and it stays stuck like that and will not boot.  The only thing that I had to do to the machine was remove a polygon topper because it was too tall and hit my ceiling.  Could it be possible that the disconnected topper wires could cause this to happen?

rickhunter:
No, Check the grey ribbon cable that comes out of the mpu and make sure it not damaged or disconnected or loose on either end.  If that is secure, then you might have a hard drive issue.  Do you have an ekey7 and a diagnostic usb drive?

wilm245:

--- Quote from: rickhunter on June 02, 2022, 07:46:28 AM ---No, Check the grey ribbon cable that comes out of the mpu and make sure it not damaged or disconnected or loose on either end.  If that is secure, then you might have a hard drive issue.  Do you have an ekey7 and a diagnostic usb drive?

--- End quote ---
Thanks Rick.  I checked the ribbon cable and it wasn't loose on either end.  It doesn't appear to be damaged either.  I have 2 G23 AVP machines and one of them is working perfectly right now so I can try swapping the ribbon cables to rule that out as the issue.  I do have a diagnostic key, and an ekey.  I'm not sure if its "ekey 7" but it allows me to install, remove, and configure games and other settings.  Any suggestions as to what I should check next?

rickhunter:
Boot with ekey and diagnostic key and look at your storage and see if the diagnostic key can read the hard drive contents.  Your hard drive might have gone bad, or something got loose.

wilm245:

--- Quote from: rickhunter on June 05, 2022, 08:48:03 AM ---Boot with ekey and diagnostic key and look at your storage and see if the diagnostic key can read the hard drive contents.  Your hard drive might have gone bad, or something got loose.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Rick.  You are suggesting that I should insert the ekey in one USB port and the diagnostic key in the other USB port, at the same time, and then boot the machine with both inserted.  Am I understanding this correctly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version