**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games

IGT Video Poker (1994) - Help Needed

(1/9) > >>

mrSidX:
Hello guys,

Today I obtained an IGT Video Poker machine that says 1994 on the date, and I am running into some issues...

The guy I got it from said it was loaded with Credits, and he doesn't know how to get them back on, and his daughter ran them out.
I see that there is a default hand that comes up like 2 6 x x 6 something, or whatever, but heres what the machine is doing / not doing:

It powers on and at first looks like it needs a good degaus (ideas??)
After such you see it into a hand that shows CLOSURE and RESTART, which I read are normal.

The candle (bottom light is flashing, I think on and off every second) steadily, which according to the manual is an Idle Door open? or something? Not sure whats going on... Anyhow, the Self Tests shows all buttons work, but the coin mech isn't taking any coin... I can manually enter credits into the machine from the coin mech button, but only 5 at a time for the current hand, as its setup to be.  Anyways, once the credits are entered the machine can play a hand with the main door opened up. This machine is a sit down type with the side bucket coin tray. When I do the self tests, the Coin detectors 123 do not flash to 0 when I insert a coin. Could these be deactivated during a Coin-lockout? Just curious.  I think I have a faulty coin mech. Anyways, you can play the games out once the credits are bet, but once you shut the lit to the machine, it resets back to that defaut hand as mentioned... Once Im back, the candle stays flashing (bottom yellow) and does not take coins or bills... The guy I got this machine from said it's set to free play... But I think I may have put that back through the settings? (Was that the correct option?)

As far as what I've collected on my 1-2 week slot machine tech crash-course, it sounds like I may need a new battery, and or a new coin comparator...
Also side note: I played a hand and tried to cash-out some credits (with the door opened) and the hopper briefly spun and then there was an error, I forgot exactly what it said (sorry)...

Anyways, I would be totally grateful for any guidance!!

rokgpsman:
Pictures of the machine, especially the screen or display showing messages, are always very helpful. It is very difficult sometimes to imagine what is going on when you can't see what the person in front of the machine is seeing and describing.

mrSidX:
Perhaps I can get a video of the machine in action... Or should I say .. Inaction?

mrSidX:
Ok, try this youtube video...
Sorry Audio turned out to not work?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5QkGw_VR4

rokgpsman:
I'm not familiar with that model, wouldn't be able to make sensible suggestions. The video was kinda dark and I couldn't see much detail, plus the camera moved too fast for me to get a good look at stuff. Hopefully others here will recognize it and have ideas. Can you take a picture of the idplate on the side of the machine that clearly shows the info written on it? The metal idplate is usually on the right hand side when facing the machine, down low. But on a sitdown model it might be in a different location. Showing us the idplate will let everyone know exactly what model it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version