**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games

Is there a test mode on my PE to check the coin optics?

(1/1)

Amechanic:
I finally got a good working CRT & Ceronix 1492 chassis for a PE Bonus Poker I've had for a while. I can play the machine using the credit button below the optics, but when I try a coin its not registering credits? I've been all through the test menu, and don't see any way to test the coin optics like on a PE+.. I tested everything else from the hopper output to the meters. Coin lockout works as does the diverter.. This machine has a coin acceptor, and not a comparitor.. So close to getting in going..

Gary

knagl:
I've barely ever done anything with a PE (non-plus), but let me take a stab at a few things:

Are you using the same size coin that the machine originally accepted (ie. not using quarters in a machine originally set up for dollar coins)?  If you're using a different size coin, it's possible that the encoder insert isn't pushing the coins across the optics correctly to get them to register.

Also, you'll want to make sure DIP switch 3 (located near the volume pot) is set to "ON" -- that tells the machine that you have coin-in optics, rather than a mechanical switch for coins in.

Finally, according to the manual, the first self test page -- the "SELF TEST - INPUT TEST" screen should display the status of the coin-in optics when they're "activated".  Put the machine on that screen, then drop a coin through and/or use a popsicle stick or similar to block and un-block the optics to see if there's any indication on the screen that they're registering.

One last thought: if the coin-in optics are identical to what was used on a PE+, and you have access to a PE+, you could always try putting them into the PE+ and using that self-test input screen to give you a better diagnosis.

Amechanic:
Well just a quick note to close this thread... I have to admit that I didn't check that coin acceptor before trying to coin up this machine..  :fryingpan:    It had a Black Imonex coin acceptor installed, and that's all I like to use, so I assumed I had installed it earlier or that it was quarter size.. :duh:    I was wrong, it was setup for token use by it's previous owner.. So I swapped out the acceptor for quarters, and the machine now accepts coins and plays..  :dancing_2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version