Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors

Token problem

(1/4) > >>

hornetgod13:
Hello all. New to the forum so please so mercy.

I own a 1988 IGT Double Diamond Deluxe S2000. I takes both tokens and quarters. It came with a limited number of mismatched tokens and I wanted to purchase more.

I went on ebay and purchased what I thought would work as per the listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281798013117?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They cash out perfectly but, drop right through the insert coin slot. They are magnetic and my other token I have are not. Will these not work? Is there something I need to do to the machine to have them work?

If these are incompatible, is there a token I can use? Also, I can't find where to convert the machine to just quarters.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend me.

rickhunter:
1988 would not be an S2000, it would probably be an S+.  If you open the door, you will see the coin-in handling equipment.  One of those pieces is the comparitor, which should have a sample token inserted on it.  If you change this coin to a quarter, it will work with quarters only.  The comparitor matches the metallic content with the sample coin, if it doesn't match the incoming coin, it will reject it.

hornetgod13:
I went and double checked and you are right about it being an S+ Model # B 4033D

I have looked at the coin comparitor and see no where to swap out coins. I've attached a picture.

I have viewed videos on you tube and the IGT coin comparitors shown does not match the one in my machine.

I think the new tokens being magnetic make them non-compatible.

rokgpsman:
It's a little hard to tell from your photo but maybe you have a mechanical coin acceptor that is made to only accept non-magnetic coins/tokens. If all of the tokens that came with the machine are non-magnetic then I'd guess those are the types of tokens your machine is setup for. As you've found out you can buy tokens that are magnetic or non-magnetic.

Originally your slot machine had an electronic coin comparator and later someone converted it to using the mechanical coin acceptor. If you want to convert it back the electronic coin comparators are available for low cost. With them you simply insert a sample coin or token into it and then that is what the machine accepts. Attached below is an example of a coin comparator. They come in different models depending on the slot machine they work with. This way you can easily set the machine to accept quarters or tokens, depending on the sample coin you install into the comparator.

Keep in mind that if you convert your machine to only accepting quarters you'll be tying up a good chunk of money with a bunch of quarters in the hopper. And as friends & family play the machine you'll have some "leakage" with quarters they take away. Many homeowners prefer using tokens for these reasons. If you decide to use tokens it is best to get a bunch of them at one time so they are identical, they will need to match the sample token in the comparator to work.

Another idea is to play using credits. If the machine has a bill acceptor you can insert paper money, put a bunch of credits on the machine and then play by using the credits. This way you can get away from having to use coins/tokens.

rickhunter:
Yes, you have a coin acceptor, so you are limited to the token type you have unless you change to a comparitor.  The issue is that you have to get the exact same tokens that work, which you may not be able to find.   So unless they can send you a sample coin to test, you are going to be buying all kinds of tokens blind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version