Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors

CC-40 Comparator

(1/3) > >>

wizeguy:
I have a CC-40 Rev A in a 1988 "Game of Nevada" Slot machine.   How do I know if the comparator is AC or DC and what voltage it is?

Picture of Comparator is attached.

thanks Kevin

rokgpsman:
Here's a thread to help you get started figuring it out:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=371.msg1039#msg1039

and here is the company that makes your coin comparitor, you could try contacting them for more info, many companies will respond to email inquiries like this:

http://www.coinmech.com/product_profile.cfm?id=11

It looks like they make different versions of the CC-40 for different machines, with voltages ranging from 12 volts DC to 48 volts AC.

wizeguy:
Hi rokgpsman,   I had already looked at the list you sent me,  I guess my question is: are all the CC-40 Comparators the same or are some of them AC and some DC?   Are some 12 volt and some 24 volt?   Thanks Kevin

rokgpsman:
From what their website says, it looks like they make/made different versions of the CC-40 for different machines, with voltages ranging from 12 volts DC to 48 volts AC.

If you have the manual for your Games of Nevada machine it should show the wiring diagram power going to the coin comparitor. Or someone here familiar with that model machine might be able to say. There are only a few voltages available from your slot machine's power supply, so that should narrow it down.

rokgpsman:

--- Quote from: wizeguy on October 28, 2015, 08:20:15 PM ---Hi rokgpsman,   I had already looked at the list you sent me,  I guess my question is: are all the CC-40 Comparators the same or are some of them AC and some DC?   Are some 12 volt and some 24 volt?   Thanks Kevin

--- End quote ---

I found an old manual for a Games of Nevada slot machine, probably not your exact model but maybe similar in some ways. It uses the CC-40 coin comparitor and the manual says the power supply provides 50 vac for the coin comparitor power. Does you machine's power supply have a 50 volt AC output? 50 vac may seem high but a lot of older Bally machines also used that voltage back in the day.

(what is your slot machine model number?)

Below is the info I found that might apply to your machine:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version