New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 mystery  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Rpowell18 New User barely matters.Rpowell18 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 mystery
« on: March 04, 2018, 06:14:06 PM »
i have a IGT s2000 double diamond slot machine mystery that has stumped several slot machine tech across the country..i have posted this on this fourm in the past and have getting great ideas but the mystery remains....Has anybody ever seen a connection like this ever...when i unplug it it will go into "no disp"..When i replug it in everything runs great and boots up with no errors and i can play the machine...The printer is disabled and the machine is set to standard...i have offered 100.00 to anybody who can fix my sound issue..Can  i use a y connector?..if anybody can solve this mystery and get sound they will be the only person out of 100 across the country to do so.....

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 mystery
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »
I have a few s2000's with that connector plugged in. What is the sound problem?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
I must be missing something.  What connector are you unplugging and what is the sound issue? 

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 08:19:47 PM »
See below pics. This machine has no printer installed.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 06:25:28 AM by RB »
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 12:25:11 AM »
The board center looks like a power distribution board.
The board on the right looks like a amplifier board, following the traces from the heatsinked semiconductor on the left edge I would assume the green and white with yellow stripe wires go to the speaker.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 05:55:10 AM »
Rpowell, can you post another pic of the inside of your cabinet showing all the boards and wiring?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 08:27:11 AM »
which plug do you disconnect?  what is actually the problem with the sound?  can't be that much of a mystery, the machine and the wiring only do one thing.

send us the pictures like RB posted, this will tell us how your machine is wired, and then we will be able to tell you how how to fix your problem.

No mystery machines here!  I am always up for a good electronic challenge.  When we figure out your problem, you can donate the money to NLG site.

Help us help you.  send us the information.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 08:36:12 AM »
the harness with the ferrite core on it is the connection form the machine NETPLEX to the power distribution board NETPLEX distribution plugs, the printer is usually plugged into one of these connections. 

the other harness is for the candle.

the third harness (green white wires) is the audio harness that goes over to the audio amp.

the connector on the right side of the  machine is the power connector, it puts +13 volts and +25 volts to the power distribution board,and supplies power to the audio amp.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
I must be missing something.  What connector are you unplugging and what is the sound issue? 

Here is a link to the original posting he made about the sound problem:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=19001.msg100284#msg100284
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »
I see a printer harness from the netplex board plugged in where the sound harness belongs.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 03:04:21 PM »
Ron. yep,  the netplex connector is plugged into the J-19 the audio connector, I see the audio connector plugged into the second connection on the netplex distribution board,  take out the 8 pin connector from where it is and plug it into the other 8 pin connector on the right,  now remove the 8 pin connector from the second position on the netplex distribution board and plug it into J-19.  should have these colored wires on it, pin 1 green/yellow, 2=white and yellow, 3= green, 4=white green, 5=+ speaker A white/blue, 6=green/blue - speakerA  , 7=white/violet +speaker B, 8= green/violet - speakerB.

swap those two plugs and you should have sound, provided something didn't fry?

that connector with the ferrite core on it is not needed if you are not using a printer, you can remove it .

Jim

Signature:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

Here is a link to the original posting he made about the sound problem:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=19001.msg100284#msg100284

Thanks.  Looks like Ron and Jim got it figured out.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 03:56:22 PM »
I don't see the audio plug. It's a 8pin connector. The netplex connectors are 10 pin at the board connection end. That printer harness can be completely removed.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 10:15:24 PM »
Ron and Cliff,   thought we had it,  like Ron said, we don't see the audio connector,  its a 8 pin connector, only 6 are used. there is a direct hanness from J=19 on the motherboard to that metal cross over plate, it should have two pig tails on the bottom side of it, one pigtail is used to connect the coin tray speaker.

If you are really serious about getting this fixed, please post some pictures  like RB posted of the top box and its components and harness. the more information you provide the better we can help you. this is not a major problem, shouldn't take much to figure it out.

Jim

Signature:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal