New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I also could use some Bally 6000 Wild Times DIP Switch setting help  (Read 1874 times)

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • mwade109 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
 I picked up a Wild Times game with bonus game on top and the owner said it keeps gettting a 88 error. I purchased the machine, first thing I looked at was the main board and found DS1,2 & 3 were empty sockets, there was no dip switches.  So I went ahead and got some and even with looking up the settings, could use a 'cheat sheet' if you can.

Also, U24 (next to DS1) has nothing it it, should it?
Thanks if you can help, if you rather I post it in forum let me know.
-mike

My machine
Has a hopper & coin comparitor
MEI BV
No printer
Was from Trump Taj in Atlantic City

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: I also could use some Bally 6000 Wild Times DIP Switch setting help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 07:50:00 AM »
Which clear chips are you using? Removable type?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 07:56:27 AM »
DSW1 = ALL ON
DSW2 = 2,4,5,6 OFF - others on
DSW3 = ALL ON

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 07:58:50 AM »
Set your dip switches accordingly and do a proper clear.  What clear chips do you have?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 08:00:34 AM »
I will have to check on U24. I will post later. Try it as is.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 08:58:49 AM »
Yes, removable

Which clear chips are you using? Removable type?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 09:18:14 AM »
U24 is not needed.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 09:24:53 AM »
Install U18 & U20,  and CLEAR chips and do a clear. Pull the clear chips and Install the factory U28 & U43 and finish the  process.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 01:30:28 PM »
Set DS2 as previously posted
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 05:25:10 AM by Sunrise Side »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 05:29:22 AM »
When a dip switch setting has been changed, it will not be recognized until a clear procedure has been completed. 

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 05:52:26 AM »
Thanks for all the info, I wont be able to get to the machine until friday but will post how it went.
-mike

When a dip switch setting has been changed, it will not be recognized until a clear procedure has been completed.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
Well, I finally got a chance to try this machine, I put a new battery on it as well as three dip switch assembly's (there were none when I got the game). Put in a set of clear chips, turned it on and got the Welcome To Bally intro and nothing but 88ff.  I looked closer at the board and saw something that appeared strange to me at U42.  To me, it looks like someone tried to jumper something one one of the pins. You will notice it in the pictures. Like possibly someone tried to put a jumper from the board up to one of the pins.  Although, a look at the other side of the board shows no indication of anything but factory solder joints. Any ideas on this? I will wait for any input before I send this board to Klar for repair. 

Thanks

Offline pbwizard25

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2022, 12:36:12 PM »
Did you do a complete clear,  88ff will not clear unless you do a complete clear.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2022, 01:01:46 PM »
Installed U28 & U43, turned on, got 88ff.  No CL messages.  Tried with my second set of clear chips and the same results.... am I missing something here?
-mike

Did you do a complete clear,  88ff will not clear unless you do a complete clear.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2022, 01:16:56 PM »
In your picture. That is just a piece of tape the gaming commission uses to seal the chips.  When you do a clear , did you hold down the Test and Psuedo buttons before you turn the power switch on and keeping holding then till you CLC on the display?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2022, 01:30:32 PM »
Sent you a PM

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2022, 04:38:35 PM »
Well, I took another stab at it and I am 100% certain the machine has been cleared (thanks Sunrise Side),. My bill acceptor did not seem to be cycling correctly, in mid cycle it would abruptly stop with a bad slam noise, so I changed ds2 5&6 to On-No acceptor and took it out. Now I am getting, aside form the 50, I am getting a 31 and 52.  I pulled the hopper to take a look at it and  am wondering what the two pin connector is on it that is hooked to nothing.  The only lights it gets is the green light is blinking,  if there is a blink code attached to it, it looks like it does 3 short blinks and one long bling. It is in a metal storage building so I get no internet/cell service but now know the 52 error has to do with the cash door.  I assume with the errors that is the reason it wont accept coins. Anyone got a list of ideas to try that I can print out and run back over there tomorrow?

Offline pbwizard25

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2022, 05:41:22 PM »
Did you clear again after changing dip switches for no bill accepter? 31 is hopper not in.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2022, 05:41:14 AM »
The 2 pin connector is not used for your version of your hopper. Check for bent pins on the hopper electrical mating connector on the backside, which connects when you slide the hopper in.

Open and close the door 3-4 times to clear the errors.

Make sure the toggle switch labeled coin mech on the front of the MPU is in the up position.

52 is Bill acceptor cash box door not fully closed

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2022, 09:30:20 AM »
Do I need to?  I always though that dip switches and jumpers overrode any software settings.

Did you clear again after changing dip switches for no bill accepter? 31 is hopper not in.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal