New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MK6 AVL CHECKSUM ERROR/ HELP  (Read 872 times)

Offline 61Wally

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
MK6 AVL CHECKSUM ERROR/ HELP
« on: August 15, 2022, 08:00:25 PM »
I fired up this “TIKI TALK” and I get this message. Machine keeps trying to reboot. Any thoughts on this issue, besides a torch?

Offline 61Wally

• 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: MK6 AVL CHECKSUM ERROR/ HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 08:04:41 PM »
Better picture I hope.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 08:51:15 PM »
Started thinking, (terrible to do). The more information usually helps You folks help me. These machine’s are brand new to me, I’ve just begun to read this encyclopedia manual. When I acquired these machine’s, the batteries were dead(3). I’ve replaced them All on the 3 machines. 2 had simple things wrong and fired up. This one, I saw that message. I’m clueless on these and was wondering if I have to do something like a “ram clear”. I’ve had to do something like that on the Bally, IGT, etc. Is that the case here? If so can anyone please advise me on what/which clear chips that I need? I was given a programming key and I don’t want to just guess at it. 80% of what I’ve read so far has been related to using the machine, Haven’t found a darn thing on fixing them. Thank You All for Your time and Your help.
Dan

Offline Heihachi_73

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Heihachi_73 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 03:04:04 AM »
Carefully remove and reseat the EPROMs, there's probably a speck of dust stopping one of the pins from being read properly.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 02:15:44 AM »
I tried cleaning IC sockets, backplane, etc. These machine's have been sitting for sometime in a dirty storage shed  I replaced all the batteries. When I turn them on, the machine's either work, Have 2 red lights on MPU board or this checksum error. I'm just starting to grasp the clear/setup procedure.I hav'nt done any as I do'nt know if I need to yet, and I don,t know what chips to purchase. I do know that All of the machine's "chip  sets"work, with the exception of the checksum error machine. The boards with the 2 solid red lights on them, I removed the chips & simm card  I put them in a functioning board and they fire up and play. So, after ALL these run on sentences I've typed, Do I have this many bad MPU'S (7). This seems wrong, I think there's more troubleshooting to do  Any suggestions? If You hav'nt fallen asleep reading this, THANK YOU & TAKE CARE.

Offline pokie3

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pokie3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 05:02:14 AM »
Hey, it's nothing to do with 'Set Chips' at this point nor batteries, all games will boot to graphics/audit screen and complain at that point if you need to use the set chips or replace battery etc.

There are a few things, you said the game sometimes works and sometimes doesn't? Or you already did what I said below?

1) The most likley problem is the main board, the MK6 boards can get an issue where the iternal tracks crack or they loose connection to the CPU (bit like the xbox 360 thing from heat, warping etc) one thing you can do is power off then press the board down slightly to bend slightly in the middle (like a very little bow) hold in the position don't do anything else and turn on, chances are it will boot you could try the oppsite and bend slightly up also.. I had a board that started randomally re-booting and wouldn't start up sometimes with either blank screen or the same CRC errors, so I put a bit of foam to bend the board it worked for a while then I had to bend slightly more.. got worse after 12 months, didn't matter as I had a few spares and saved me from the effort of setting up another game.. (I had a board that never worked so I put in the freezer for for 30 mins, quickly put in the machine and it actually booted up for 3 minutes until it warmed up and crashed lol so yeah that went in the broken pile).

2) The PSU might be faultly, without stating the obvious, try another board and if it has issues similar issues or if you have a second machine (or borrow the PSU from a friend) replace tempoary (or put YOUR same board in their machine etc).

3) But yeah, you should also try the game (eproms) in another board and see, it's very rare but an eprom might work when its either cold OR warm if its *got issues* (copied eproms 99% of the time if they wern't properly erased can do this) - (so leave the error like that for 15 mins and restart and see).

I got about 10 boards 'as is not tested' really realy cheap from ebay and 1 board had blank screen, 2 had similar 'bending' issues.. and I think one booted fine cold but after 10 mins it would just crash lol but hey I think I paid like $90 for the lot. Oh yeah one last thing was I had a board that had issues with more than 2 game eproms, so a smaller game worked perfectly never and issue..

Good luck

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 08:09:16 AM »
Ok Thank You, I had that issue many times with the old front style projection tv’s I worked on with the boards bowing. I do know All the game chips are good on the boards except for 1 set, because I’ve moved them into a working board and they fired up. I will try this task of slightly flexing the board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal