**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT Reel Touch Games

No LED's on CPU

(1/2) > >>

DF777:
I have a Reel Touch Bucks Ahoy that will not boot up.
I changed the power supply behind the reels and it booted up OK and the game ran fine.
The next time I fired it up it would not get farther than the message on the LCD screen saying Initializing.
I noticed that there were no LED's flashing in the CPU.I switched CPU's with a Tabasco and the LED's light up.
I could not see anything on the CPU board like burn marks etc.and the batteries are both new.
Any input would be appreciated.Thanks,Dave

cowboygames:
Check the caps on that top box CPU board for bloated tops

DF777:
The top box monitor/computer is working OK.
I think the main,lower CPU is bad as the LED's above the white button do not light up. 

cowboygames:
Sorry, I misunderstood what I read. Are you sure the power supply is seated snuggly and screwed down? Are you getting any message on the VFD display or any lights coming on? One thing you might try is unplugging the wire harness from each of the 3 fluorescent light ballasts. A bad ballast can draw the power supply down and kill the game till it's removed from circuit

DF777:
The thing that has me puzzled is that the LED's on the CPU light up on the board from the Tabasco when I put it in the Bucks Ahoy.
I have pulled the plug from the power supply connection to make sure all the pins are seated and have switched out power supplies.
The power supplies all test good.
I actually have only one ballast as I eliminated one of the top circular flourescent lights and both side ones.I replaced with LED strips
running from their own 12V power supply.
I do get the message on the VFD that the Netplex  is down and that changes when I have the Tabasco CPU installed.
All the lights, BV, printer etc. are working except for the LED's above the white button on the Bucks Ahoy CPU.
To test the CPU,could I switch the e-proms from the Bucks Ahoy and put them in the Tabasco board without doing a Clear?
Your input is appreciated.Thanks Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version