**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT I-Game and Game King
Game King Education: Lesson 101 by Teacher Tilt
(1/3) > >>
89chevyman:
I know I'm going to sound dumb in asking the following, but I am a little confused by what is being identified as what on a Game King that I am converting from 3902 to 044 :EmoticonHelp4: . Photos for this lesson WILL be appreciated :Please_Post_Pictures_2: . I have seen different parts referred to as "a backplane", "an enhanced board", a Game King Deluxe enhanced board", "a motherboard", "main board" with some saying the other is one in the same. I'm new to all this and just want to be clear on what I should or SHOULDN'T be purchasing. I at least know about the Main board and have that already :applause: . I believe I know what the enhanced board is, one that can be flashed :Scratch-Head: . And I know that there is a board to adapt 3902 games to an 044, have seen this referred to as an Enhanced Game King Deluxe Board? Hope I don't miss this on the final exam :duh: . Please advise on this topic as all help will be appreciated. I have no footnotes to study this subject. Thanks.

Chris
Tilt:
I'll give it a whirl.  Sometimes the terms can be confusing because they can mean the same thing, something different, or aren't always used properly.  The game king enhanced controller, aka 044 board, or enhanced MPU board is the board that is mounted in the metal tray.  Here's a photo of one without any program installed.

Tilt:
It plugs into the game king deluxe motherboard, aka enhanced motherboard, 044 motherboard, or backplane. 

Tilt:
There are two types of memory cards that can be used with the game king enhanced controller.  The first is a flash memory board.  It contains the entire game software package on one board.  They are very static sensitive, so exercise caution when handling them.  Ground yourself (using a wriststrap is best if available) and only hold the card by the edges.

Tilt:
The second type of memory card is the legacy adapter board.  This board has the usual EPROM/SIMM sockets that allows you to use 3802/3902 software with your 044 enhanced controller.  Most software will work with this adapter, but it's been reported that international game versions do not.  This particular adapter board has game king 5.3 installed on it.

Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version