New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: looking for help from uniman on my universal slot  (Read 2287 times)

Offline tko

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tko New User has no influence.
  • NLG
looking for help from uniman on my universal slot
« on: October 13, 2021, 02:20:56 PM »
I have a universal slot machine with a 8800 board, the board its self is flashing code e21 and then flashing what looks like 300 after. I have tried to rest the board when powering on but the board continues to flash the same error code. I have also made sure that all coins are cleared from the hopper and the coin capacitor. Also, The display isn't work so its not flashing any codes on the credit screen, and it does have a bill validator but all the wires are hacked up and not really sure where to reconnect them. Could this be a power issue or a problem with the board?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: looking for help from uniman on my universal slot
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 07:00:53 PM »
Those LED's on the board are for the bill validator only.

Checkout this link for dip settings;   http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=23836.0

Pull the board.

Go to SW2 and switch #1 to OFF.

There is a small black reset button on the board. see this link; http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=608.0
The button is at the bottom of the board when in the machine and is in the middle. In that link above the button would be at the right, middle, behind that silver metal seen there.

Put the board back in the machine. The metal cover over the board has a round hole above the reset button so you can reach it.
You push and hold the reset in while powering up the machine.
This will clear the RAM and the machine will recognize the dip change.

Let us know how it turns out.

UNIMAN

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 06:15:57 AM »

I see you said the display is not working, that's a bigger problem.

Will need to check the outputs from the power supply, mainly the 24v dc output.

See this link; http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=603.0

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 06:20:52 AM »

Also, just to make sure, on the side of the power supply there should be three connectors. (Older Uni's with 8116 board had two) The bottom connector has a wiring harness that goes directly to the board. (two-wire I believe) Make sure you have that.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »

Alright, I dug up a schematic from an old flash drive and the meter/credit LED's are driven by 5v dc, not 24v dc.
If you need a manual (in pdf) let me know. The manual is for the 8116 board machine but most wiring is identical.

Let us know where your at.

And, give some history of the machine; like just got in it's present state, or it was working until.....,

Offline tko

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 12:48:51 PM »
the 5 volts is suppost to be dc right I believe I read that in a old thread. If that is the case then Im getting 9 volts if its ac then Im .10.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 07:29:54 PM by tko »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 06:53:18 AM »
The 5 volts are a smooth 5 volts DC.
I'm not an electronics expert but do know this; 9.5 volts ac off the coil travels through a bridge rectifier and then Zener diode, capacitors, etc to produce a smooth 5 volts DC.

Pink wires in the machine should have a steady 5 volts DC. The MPU board has voltage sensing, if that 5 volts DC not correct it will shut itself down. Since I saw error codes on the BV board suspect the 5 v DC is ok as the board was working.

9.5 volts AC is also present in the machine and will be "grass" colored wires. (light green)

Problems with the meter displays could be many things. Board is bad, eproms are bad, voltage is bad, display is bad, wiring loose (that big black door connector have seen the pins get pushed out causing lack of contact) Have even seen screws or coins jammed behind MPU edge connectors causing shorts.

Are you getting anything at startup? Sound?

Have to go through process of elimination; check voltages from power supply, check voltage at display connector, check for anything behind the edge connectors ( this is important step, the top box has holes just above back of edge connector, stuff can fall down there)

To clarify my statement in previous post; "Tell us where your at" I meant with the machine LOL, not physical location!!

Offline tko

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 09:06:12 AM »
So testing all the wires at the power supply I’m starting to believe there is an issue with power supply.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal