New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Repair/Restoration thread for my Bally High Flyer 1977 Bingo Pinball Machine  (Read 2537 times)

Offline KaPH33n

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • KaPH33n New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I picked this thing up for free. Going to give restoring it a shot.

Offline KaPH33n

• NLG
I replaced the fuse block today. I was a bit dumbfounded when I checked continuity across the various fuse terminals without any fuses installed? Seems like that is the way it is designed though? I replaced the missing fuses and the machine mostly powered up. It searched for the balls and reset the counter from 0008 to to 0000. I tried putting in some coins and pressing start but it didn't seem to want to start a game? I will have to keep investigating further.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Remove those flippers, they don't belong on that machine.  There is no start button, it's a credit button.  It will do nothing without credits on machine.  Is the coin switch working?

Offline KaPH33n

• NLG
Remove those flippers, they don't belong on that machine.  There is no start button, it's a credit button.  It will do nothing without credits on machine.  Is the coin switch working?

I did remove the flippers, I am not sure why they were there? They serve no purpose. I also moved the two plastic pieces that were placed over the birds back down to their correct positions. I put the light covers back on where they are supposed to go.

I believe the coin switch is working because when I swing the arm I hear something click in the back box. I don't see the coin counter moving though? There are two buttons on the front panel. One is part of the door, the other is located just below the plunger.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
When you turn on a sixcard bingo machine it should count down to zero on credit meter.  When you insert a coin 1st card should lite up and one ball should raise to the playfield ready to shoot.  You can then insert up to 5 more coins before shooting out the ball to play all six cards, and they should lite up with each coin entered.

The little button under plunger is to manually raise the ball. It should ingage the ball lift motor.

Offline KaPH33n

• NLG
ok that makes sense then that there is no start button if it starts automatically on coin up. I think there is two problems here that need to be addressed before I can go any further.

1. most of the bulbs are burned out, not sure if some of the holders or wiring is bad as well? I tried swapping around some of the existing bulbs but it didn't give me any real confidence. I need to just suck it up and order a bunch of new bulbs I suppose.

2. The ball ejector mechanism seems to be malfunctioning? I looked at it and it's attached to this other disc and a couple of switches. The switches are leaf switches and they looked incredibly dirty. I messed with these switches a bit and the mechanism turned over ejecting a ball, but then it seemed to be glitching out after that. I need to probably go in and clean all the leaves and possibly replace them?

Thanks for the help so far, it's getting me going.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal