New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: VLC bill validator issues  (Read 1800 times)

Offline llphil67

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • llphil67 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
VLC bill validator issues
« on: October 26, 2022, 12:08:36 PM »
I have a VLC Ring Em Up model 8825, has a WBA-11-SS.  Validator was acting up, now machine won't boot unless bill stacker is removed.  Ran test on validator as described here and it failed.  Question;  Anybody out there who can repair this?  Anybody out there who can hook me up with an updated version that will work in my VLC machine?  Anybody who can give me other options.....please.  Thank You in advance.

Offline Tater

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Tater New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: VLC bill validator issues
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 05:32:49 PM »
Hi phil

when you ran that test, were you flipping down the first switch on the left, and the last three on the right?  They are numbered R to L as they are upside down.  Kinda confusing.

Good Luck, Ron

Offline llphil67

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 06:40:57 PM »
Probably got that wrong, will try again tomorrow and post results.  So flip last three down....then the first one as seen in machine.

Offline llphil67

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 07:25:59 PM »
Also, when I read they should all be up, is up actually up?

Offline Tater

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 05:53:17 AM »
Yes,  up is up.

With power off and stacker removed start with all up, that is normal mode.  Then from the right 1,2,3 & 8 down.  Place back in machine and turn power back on. Then move 8 up, it is now in test mode.  It should feed bill and place it where the stacker should be.

I had a problem like this and it was the stacker, it fits in very tightly.  Once you have the stacker in place give it a very firm tug, if it comes out it was not fully seated.  You should have to hold down the lever to be able to remove it.

Offline llphil67

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 06:32:59 AM »
Update, so after doing the validator test correctly this is what I found.  During test, validator showed two red lights to the right of microswitches, validator would accept one or two bills, no lights on front of validator to start, but after bill accepted two green lights on front where bill entered. After one or two bills, the next bill would not enter stacker correctly, pull stacker and retrieve bill from exit area of validator, do over, same result.  So after trying several times with same results, I flipped switches to normal mode and powered up, game booted but with error on screen "bill stacker not secured"  Bill stacker was firmly secured and latched during this and previous tests.  Next step?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 07:28:12 AM »
maybe the two flags that the transport looks for when the the cash can is inserted are not working. that is the only item that interacts between the two.
remove the transport and cash can,  use you finger to move the black plastic flags (that is what I call them) in the back, both should move up. when the cash can is inserted, it raises those flags so they will go between two sets of detectors on the lower bottom of the transport.

Is your WBA11 flashed or Eprom,?

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline llphil67

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 10:01:39 AM »
Here's the part where I show how new I am to this;  Flashed or Eprom...have no idea, also no idea how to find out...help?  Next, guessing the transport is what I am calling the validator?  where you put money in and it dumps into stacker, guessing cash can is what I'm calling the stacker. If I'm wrong please educate me, If I'm correct....how do I remove the validator/transport to check what you have pointed out?  Thank You for your help....now onto the CRT forum to ask for help w/IGT model B1070D poker machine.

Offline Tater

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 04:01:51 PM »
Hey Phil

The validator has two parts, the head and the transport.  The head is where the bill enters. Just below the bill entry you will see a round rod, and a flat lever. You push down on the lever and the validator will now slide forward toward you and out. You can remove the head from the transport by pushing down on the little rod just above the lever and the head will separate from the transport.  You can tell if you have a WBA 12 (flashed) or WBA 13  which has a removable programed chip.  Turn the transport over and if there is a removable chip in a socket you have a WBA 13, if all of the components are soldered to the board it is a WBA12.

The stacker is the cash box.  When you run the test, you should do so with the stacker out.  The bills will just drop into where the stacker should be.  If it operates correctly then the problem lies with the stacker.  I think Jim is probably on the right track.  Did you give the stacker a good tug to make sure it was latched in completely?

Good Hunting
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:38:00 PM by Tater »

Offline llphil67

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2022, 11:04:54 AM »
So here's what I found;  appears to be a 32 pin removable chip, on chip it says wba 11 then revision etc.  Removed stacker and transport assy.  Separated acceptor from transport, looked over well and saw no obvious problems, did not find flags addressed in previous post, did find two (tensioners?) that look like they are centered on bill as it passes through transport these move freely, Not referring to the belt tensioners of transport which also seem fine but belts do seem stretched to my untrained eye, but tensioners are putting tension on belts.  With stacker out of machine ran validator/acceptor test.  At startup machine showed "stacker not secured" and "bill acceptor failed 23" ran $1, $10, $20, and $50 bill through acceptor in test mode with bills dropping into cash can void.  Shut down machine, put switches back to normal mode, install stacker, startup machine, says "stacker not secured" and will not allow gameplay.  Made sure can was secure, removed it and gave it a hearty insertion, made sure secured....still "not secure"  Next step anyone?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2022, 08:02:06 AM »
the flags, as I call them are located on the shelf assembly, this is the metal frame that the transport and cash can slide into .

the flags are two plastic pieces in the back, when the cash can is inserted, it will hit these plastic pieces and pivot them, this action causes the pieces to move and cover two sets of optics on the lower bottom of the transport, this is the only way the transport can detect the cash can is present.

Hope this helps

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline llphil67

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 07:46:18 AM »
OK, found the flags.  They are moving freely, cannot tell if they are moving into place when stacker is inserted, but they are present and free.  Also found a microswitch in rear of slide assy that stacker will activate when in place, again don't know if this engaging when stacker is in place, or if it is working properly (can hear switch clicking).  SO, with stacker out, I activated microswitch with one hand, flipped power switch with second hand and quickly raised flags w/second hand.  Game boots with message on screen "stacker not secured"  Next step?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal